Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Started by Art Blade, February 13, 2018, 04:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

got another quest, decided to believe the accused, quest failed and started a new one (they're mutually exclusive) and the new one led to a good ending for that guy and I got a new job as Master Huntsman (I can now hunt without committing a crime doing so) and along with the job, I got a new house. Job and house I inherited from the accuser. :gnehe:

Dweller_Benthos

That's s good quest result, at least it sounds more interesting than "go fetch ten sticks and bring them back and I'll give you a cookie" type of quests.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

none of them w0#k like that.. it's not UBI*bleep*, after all :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

D_B

Art Blade

yeah, it's neither Bethesda.

The stories in KCD are always interesting and often come with weird and unexpected twists, and they're not always the "happy ending" type. Also, they usually have got more than one ending. Really nice :) One of the reasons I love this game.

PZ

Not on topic, but I know how you feel when picking up an old game for replay. Recently I purchased the Person of Interest series on DVD, began watching then, and as a result started playing Watchdogs 2.

Art Blade

considering the release date of KCD (13 Feb, 2018) I really wouldn't call this an "old" game ;)

PZ

Fair enough  :gnehe: My personal definition of an "old game" is one that I put away for a while  :anigrin:

Art Blade

Art Blade

He's back. The stalking Bailiff of Rattay.

For some reason, he keeps doing it. No matter where I am, he eventually tries to find me, even enters my house, and.. doesn't have anything to say. He just returns to Rattay. In this vid, I knew he'd come after me and would even leave Rattay again, so I loaded a savegame, waited at the city gates and watched him approach me. Why can't he stop doing that? Funny any annoying.

PZ

Dweller_Benthos

He just really, really likes you but is too shy to say anything, lol
D_B

Art Blade

Art Blade

alright guys, I've finally managed to pick up on where I left off :anigrin:

Although Hitman 2 is still the game that has kept me busy since I left KCD behind, I've never given up on it. I had played it through, even started a second career, when Hitman kicked in hard with tons and tons of new stuff all around. However, for now I've completed Hitman with 100% both steam achievements and in-game "jobs" so until the next batch of new stuff pops up, I'm having a blast with KCD again.

I had purchased a DLC that allowed me to rebuild (not like FO4 where you can build freely) a village and become its mayor (called bailiff) so that's done, then another DLC which I'm currently playing and that made me think. I realised that there was a reason why I loved KCD. Why I still love it. So today, with a 17% discount, I purchased the two remaining DLCs and by that, every DLC that has been released so far. These last two plus the one I am playing right now are essentially stories that seamlessly blend in with the world of KCD, tons of related quests per DLC, good for several hours of gaming fun. :)

Also, the devs have been tirelessly working on patches and bug-fixes which I do notice after my hiatus. It's really a game that both players and developers care about and the devs keep working on it to make it as good a game as possible. :)

It is still fascinating me when I'm looking around while riding or walking through a part of 15th Century Bohemia, the landscape is breathtaking (remember, they remodeled a huge part of the landscape after the original and manually "planted" millions of trees so there's no procedurally generated *bleep*.. it's the real deal and you do notice) and fights with bow and arrow or with swords, maces and battle axes are both demanding and cool because they too are based on the original if it can be said like that. Meaning, they used authentic sword play and tactics and there are hundreds of animations involved.

In one word?

"YAAAAAAAY!"  :D

Dweller_Benthos

Sounds pretty cool, have fun. Meanwhile in Generation Zero, they've finally acknowledged the loot bug, but no time frame on when it's going to be fixed, put up a hot fix for a crash bug that was only moderately annoying and released a $4.99 DLC that contains some sweaters and pants. yippee.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳