Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Started by Art Blade, February 13, 2018, 04:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

OK, I found out by myself how it goes: the only way to get the "strange die" is by killing Antonius. Only, and I mean it, only on his dead body can you find that die. I was not even able to cheat it.

However, I managed to trick the game, let's see what kind of consequences that might have: I faked Antonius's death and after a fist-fight, took him to the bailiff of Sassau who put him into a cell, just as Sir Radzig of Kobyla told me. Mission accomplished, mission log "done" and success.

What the game didn't expect: I sneaked into the cell where the bailiff had locked him in and stealth-killed Antonius in his prison cell. Yeah, yeah, ninja or mafia type of disposal, I know :gnehe: But from that dead body I was able to pick that "strange die." Now I can hopefully infiltrate the gang. The kill was acknowledged by the game, it gave a mission update for a mission that was no longer active. I might be able to actually produce the die before the eyes of the crimps :)

I know the other two options didn't w0#k out, the moment the crimps ask for proof, Henry tells them Antonius had nothing on him, and indeed, he couldn't know unless he killed him. Because he didn't have the die, the crimp's leader ordered Henry murdered on the spot. Well.. Now that I actually killed him, it should w0#k.

I don't know whether or not those two missions are going to clash the way I played them..

Art Blade

I just finished watching White Locks's vid covering that story. He too tried all three options: take Antonius to the bailiff, no die. Kill him, get die. And then there's a difference, letting him go free, get die. What? My game must have bugged out when I tried that.

However, my way seems more promising as I finished the "bailiff" quest line and got the die. To make sure, I visited Sir Radzig and Sir Hanush who by chance were having dinner together and I could talk to each of them and neither one mentioned the quest, so they didn't object to anything. Good, apparently they still "w0#k" as if I hadn't killed Antonius :gnehe:

Art Blade

It all went well. No one said a thing about what I did in that cell :D

Showing that die to the crimp instantly made them accept me into their gang of bandits and that caused a quest log update to report to Sir Radzig of Kobyla and Sir Hanush of Leipa. When I told them that I was accepted (only possible with that die) they were happy and sent me spying out the camp. O0

A die to kill for. Note how dirty the monk habit has become.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

Ah, I was watching a bit more of White Locks's playthrough, now I know how the game solves the problem: If you don't have the die, the meeting with the bandits ends in a fight and one of those three dead bandits then has got a similar die on him. So you get your ticket to enter the encampment but you need to find a clue first that leads you to it. In my case, I was told where it was, plus I came recommended :anigrin:

Oh, and he played yet a different variant: pack a lot of (your own) money. When you meet with the bandits and you don't have the die, you can claim that Pious (Antonius's nickname outside the monastery) had money on him when you looted his body, and then pay 3,000 Groschen to the leader of the merry band of bandits. That is an awful lot of money for any player who hasn't progressed quite far but an "OK" sum for anyone with a record of selling hot loot to fences or generally selling stuff that wasn't stolen.

I still think my version is the best option as I got paid over 500 Groschen when I delivered Antonius to the bailiff :anigrin:

Art Blade

I went to the camp, checked it out, I was recognised, held captive, was helped escape, returned to Sir Radzig, we raided the camp, meanwhile Sir Divish's castle was raided, we ran there, Sir Radzig and his wife were captured and now I'll have to infiltrate the castle at night.

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

Art Blade

the night raid failed—it was impossible to free the hostages (storytelling prohibited it) and no matter what I tried, it always ended either in a disaster (reload) or Sir Hans getting shot in the buttocks. I had to give him a fireman's lift and make it out of the castle quickly. Probably by dumping him over the wall and jumping right after and onto him for a soft landing :anigrin:

It triggered a massive amount of objectives like getting beer (for the men in the camps) from one of the inns that still had some, pouch (meaning illegally hunt) some deer as a meat supply for the camps (the castle is under control of that damn guy who took hostages so we have to live in camps around it) and find a priest, find a monk for medical aid, get a herbalist to brew something to get rid of tiredness of the soldiers, get pitch from the charcoal burners for setting up something to burn/weaken the gates of the castle, find a master engineer to help build a trebuchet for besieging the castle... a whole lot of stuff to do :anigrin:

Art Blade

Oh man, all those objectives are quite fun to play :) I've been running around like crazy to get all the stuff done. And along the way I discovered the last location I hadn't yet been to. And there Henry's old friends Fritz and Mathew popped up once more and of course, they're up for something, I should probably have stayed away from it but well, I couldn't help myself and decided to help them. Hehe, it means, mayhem is on its way :gnehe:

Art Blade

On a side note, I just checked the steam achievements, the global achievements to be precise. It shows how all players (well, those who register their achievements with steam) are doing. Only 84% completed the first quest which essentially is the tutorial. The next step, when the game really starts off, will unavoidably lead you to join Sir Radzig's garrison and only 73% made it that far. One of the earliest quests that follows is to save Lord Hans, only 64% got that far. Killing Runt, you may remember fragger's question whether or not it was a joking nickname for a huge bloke, that first "boss" fight that put PZ on the wrong path ("boss fight, argh") which wasn't that type of boss fight.. only 41% killed him. And so on.

I've seen statistics like that for almost every game I've played. Apparently some people just buy the game and never get past the first two hours or so. And a lot of people play a little more but never continue. No matter which game I check, most people seem to only start their games and then leave it, they never play much let alone finish a game. Weird. I'm now at 492 hours and counting, and have clawed through roughly 80 quests so far. Weird, the game was supposedly well received yet few players seem to have got past installing the game. I'll never understand that. Are they so bloody uninformed? And still buy games that cost a significant amount of money, only to say, "alright, installed, done, next game?" WEIRD. :anigrin:

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on May 09, 2018, 03:06:05 PM
... Apparently some people just buy the game and never get past the first two hours or so...

Sounds like me  :D

Art Blade

Yet you do find a lot of time playing and replaying old games. Almost as if you wanted to comply with "teaching an old dog new tricks." What happened to your curiosity? If you give in to that old men mantra, you'll lose touch with any development and the present, and will more and more dwell on and live in the past, trying to become that memory that you've got of yourself. Funny enough, you keep mentioning—not to say complaining about—so many (and the number is growing) games you wanted to get or already have got and you keep wanting to play them. They're waiting for you. You're claiming to have been wanting to play them for as long as I can remember. :gnehe:

Also, "impatience" doesn't count. Games are not something you want to get over with before you even started. Playing them is the way, rather than wanting to have finished them. Ideally, you play them in a way they last as long as possible. And lamenting that you almost never finished games is just the result of all that, you should try to play, to be curious as to what else there might be, and eventually you'll finish them.

Break free, man, explore :) Don't procrastinate, rejuvenate  :gnehe:

PZ

:gnehe:
I guess I have more wishful thinking than I have the desire to play, but sometimes I run across a game or two that I play for a long time - Origins comes to mind, and maybe even this Far Cry, although I suspect it will go the way of Wildlands. Surprisingly, the Uncharted series, despite their linearity, are also replay favorites of mine.

Art Blade

in the end, it's simply a pastime. And always and only your own decision how you want to enjoy it :)

PZ

Very true O0

I would have to say that I likely visit the forum more than I game.  :gnehe:

Tags:
🡱 🡳