LowPolyOWG

And Ubisoft removed the game's anti-cheat too :laughsm:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

???

why, to make it easier to mod now?

LowPolyOWG

Maybe they do not consider SP modding a problem anymore and the game isn't technically a priority for them.

Art Blade

could be..

I'm very careful with stuff like that. Single player shouldn't be a problem at all, though. Kind of the same thing as using cheats that are in the game code.

However, I prefer it when they explicitly allow modding. Like KCD, they even published the modding tools for the game.

LowPolyOWG

Free roaming around with mods again. Here, NPCs are now carrying random weapons and I increased the viewmodel FOV to 120 :)

Art Blade

the reloading is funny, how they reuse their magazines and stuff by catching it mid-air and putting it back into their guns :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

:anigrin:

Hence why UBI*bleep* programmed weapons to have their own FOV values independent from the player camera FOV. It's a common thing now, some games do not have viewmodel FOV tied to camera due to breaking animations like this. Some people (me included) find it unnatural when viewmodels do not scale with the camera.

Then you have games like GTA V, which had the mags detach from the guns and dropping down on the ground :)

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah a cheaty way to save on some animation frames I guess.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

nex

A few weeks ago mrs nex fell at w0#k and broke both the Radius and Ulna bones of her right-hand wrist badly.
she had to undergo urgent surgery and a steel plate was inserted.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

She also had scheduled cataract operations which couldn't be postponed, one week after the fall the right eye was done
and a week later the left eye.

With all this she still decided to go back to w0#k, which left me to fetch and carry, help her taking a bath, no showering.
I'm the chief cook and bottle washer, taxi driver, and, and, and......... :banghead:   :anigrin:

"Feeling sorry for me," she said I should buy a new game as I was taking a break from Wildlands.
Looking at the pricing between FC5 and RDR2 I opted for FC5, the cheaper of the two.
I have just killed the first Lieutenant, Jacob, I believe killing him is the easiest one of the lot
man!! was that a fight, and I'm playing on easy mode  :o  :o
Art, I think you had the right idea in not to even bother with this game, guessing I'm only about a
third of the way through the game and seems like taking out Jacob is a walk in the park compared to
the others, I got to a point where I think I've had enough of FarCry... whatever!
There is no comparison between it and Wildlands, and in my opinion (for whatever that is worth),
FC5 is worse than 3 and 4 put together.
The devs also don't seem to get tired of Hurk, in FC4 I suspected he had a few screws loose, but after
meeting his farther in FC5 I discovered where he got it from, his father is nuttier than my mother in law's fruit cake.    ???

Respect is earned, not given.

Dweller_Benthos

I forget, was Jacob the one you had to shoot down in an aerial dog fight with planes? Pretty sure, it's been a while, I forget the names. But that was a bit annoying, and I think you have to bail out at the end and fight him some more on the ground?

I really enjoyed FC5 quite a bit, though the drug induced hallucination scenes are getting a bit tired, I hope if there's a new one in the series, they leave that behind, but it doesn't seem that will be the case considering the history.

Hurk, yeah his single joke is also getting thin, and he's even more in this game and the Mars DLC so yeah another thing that could be toned down a little. Though since the world was destroyed by nuclear war at the end (ooops, spoilers?), and New Dawn has already been done in that world (which I also enjoyed quite a bit) I wonder if they do another Far Cry where and when will it take place?

I know the opinions here are quite polarized on the game, so we'll just leave it at that, but for a Far Cry game, I would rank it above 3 and about equal or slightly above 4, but of course, nothing will ever beat 2 I'm afraid.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

nex, sorry to hear what's going on over at your neck of the woods. I hope your wife is getting better soon and for you, that your life returns to something more normal. As to FC5.. I not only decided to ditch this game but anything from Ubisoft. However, this game, I watched a couple of vids both from fellow OWG members and other people and I wasn't impressed at all. As to the pricing as a base of decision-making regarding what to purchase.. PZ once told me, paraphrasing, that it was better to spend a lot only once than a little but many times. It was aimed at a product's quality. Regarding games, it's not that easy because even *bleep* can cost a lot (see No Man's Sky at release) so the only question I ask before I purchase a game is: am I confident enough that this game is the right one for me? Which, with regards to RDR2, after watching one of my favourite YouTubers, White Locks, was clear. The way he played it was exactly the way I'd play it and that's when I knew I'd love this game. I've sunk over 1,100 hours into that game so I think I made the right decision. Never mind the price. Same with Hitman 2. I knew it would be right up my alley and I sunk over 1,300 hours into that game. Both games didn't come cheap. I actually purchased a gold (Hitman) and special (RDR2) edition which cost obviously more than the base version but the joy and fun I got out of it over that huge amount of time, I'd say it was worth "every penny."

nex

Thanks Art, the healing process is painful, she has very little wrist and finger movement and that's where all the pain
is coming from, the brace she was given to wear was hurting and caused more pain and swelling, I found
a better brace for her today which seems a better fit and not hurting as much. We'll see how things go, at this stage
she's feeling a little sorry for herself so I'm trying my best to make things easier for her.

D_B, Kill Jacob's mission starts as you leave Wolf's Den, you're getting attacked by a lot of wolves and cult members, you also have to
take out the six light generators before the actual "Kill Jacob" mission start with him way up on top of those
rocks sniping at you.
Respect is earned, not given.

Tags:
🡱 🡳