Far Cry 5

Started by LowPolyOWG, March 27, 2018, 02:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BinnZ

I just read pz's comments on D_B's thread
However, that might not stop me. I usually don't have issues with those timed events
"No hay luz"

PZ

Yeah, it is only me - I cannot stand having to go through the same sequence time after time until I find just the right path, kill just the right guys, etc.  Doing repetitive things like that completely ruins a game for me because I do not see it as a challenge - I see it as annoying as flies buzzing around my head.

BinnZ

I completely agree with you, PZ. It is a bummer. I hope there's not too many of these missions in the game. It is very unlike what we all found attractive in FC2. Freedom of approach, no matter how silly a mission may seem. You can use your mind to find and trick your way through.
I know FC5 isn't the FC2.1 we all desperately wait for, I'm just looking for good entertainment a bit like FC3. But I am fully aware of the downside of UBI*bleep* entertainment design  ;)
"No hay luz"

PZ

Indeed; it is such a shame - I like so much about the game that these three game breakers has made it so I'll not continue nor will purchase another FC game unless I can find a way past it.

I even registered an account on the UBI*bleep* site just so I could complain about the lack of ability to abandon these stupid missions. No reason they can't build it into a patch, you can abandon all kinds of missions in FC5 except the really noxious ones.  :banghead:

LowPolyOWG

We did it co-op (me and DB) in our session. Much easier :)

Next time, we will try the Arcade mode.

Some Arcade screenies:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Explosive execution :anigrin:

The target. Prior to getting C4'd :evil2:

This guy hugged a barrel before he died :laughsm:

Travelling with Hurk and Sharky :anigrin:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

Co-op is definitely the way to go - seems like they have designed to game to be played co-op even though you can technically do it single player albeit more difficult.

LowPolyOWG

Indeed. I know you guys can find Jim Sterling a bit derailed, but I think he kind of explains BinnZ's reasoning.

Quote from: BinnZ on April 08, 2018, 10:55:18 AM
But I am fully aware of the downside of UBI*bleep**bleep**bleep* entertainment design  ;)

"YouTube is doing that thing where it stops me replying to individual comments, but I wanted to respond to someone asking how this is different from what EA and Activision Blizzard are doing with the online components and monetization strategies:
Ubification runs a little deeper than straightforward homogenization. I agree that EA and Activision Blizzard are also overusing formulas, but their games still have structural identities unique to the IP. For now, anyway.
Ubisoft games aren't just using the same business models, they're copying each other to the point where even minor details are starting to become library-wide staples, and my video is by no means a comprehensive rundown of the minutia shared between Ubisoft's tentpole releases. While increased generic content is a problem across all the "AAA" space, ain't nobody driving ideas into the ground quite like Ubisoft"

R* carry over stuff from their games, but given their release cycles (usually 4-5 years) between each game in their franchises, it's hardly noticeable I guess. UBI*bleep**bleep* however, releases multiple titles from their franchises every second year, which probably explains this.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah that was fun doing co-op with you. Going through the hallucination mission was cake with two people, almost too easy. Plus you landed on the hangar roof and I didn't, which saved me the effort of going back and trying again. With two AI followers in a co-op game, you have four people attacking (even if the AI guys are just distractions) and can make attacking an outpost exciting.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

The co-op aspect if the game is extremely well done - the best I have experienced in any game.

LowPolyOWG

Indeed. Anyway, I reported to UBI*bleep* that they need to fix the scope zoom. It is affected by the player FOV and the fov slider in the game breaks it...

Lowest zoom at 120 FOV

Compared to 60

Long range at 60 FOV

At 120 FOV

Soo, not suitable for sniping to be honest... Battlefield and some games allow you to force/prevent the ADS FOV to not scale with the regular FOV. I wonder why UBI*bleep* forgot that on PC ::)

Art Blade

because it's not a bug, it's UBI*bleep* :gnehe:

BinnZ

I watched Jim for a while, but he is getting repetitive himself after a while. Anyway, bottom line is; FC5 is good gameplay. Nothing new, not bugfree, but at least playable for the most part. I haven't played ubishit since FC3 release, so I might have a good time with it.

Still busy though... ;)
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Which is indeed important.

Quote from: Art Blade on April 09, 2018, 12:40:42 PM
because it's not a bug, it's UBI*bleep**bleep**bleep* :gnehe:

:laughsm:

Far Cry 3 and 4 used fixed values for scope FOV. Something definitely slipped ::)

PZ

There was a 700 mb update to v1.04 today - maybe they fixed it.  ::)

Art Blade

the question is: what have they screwed up now?

Tags:
🡱 🡳