Far Cry 5

Started by LowPolyOWG, March 27, 2018, 02:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Yeah, really strange that the esc key does not fall back to the menu. The prompt to escape is in the bottom fight corner like always, When in game and you move the cursor over the prompt, it morphs to the "hand" cursor, and when clicking, it works as intended. However with my bug the cursor behaves as if the esc prompt does not exist, and clicking it does nothing.

Strange about the mod installer problem you are experiencing. Are you playing through the Steam or UBI*bleep* interface?  In the past there was an incident where I started the game in Steam, which in turn initiates the UBI*bleep* app and something went wrong. Bypassing Steam appeared to fix it, but it may have just been a coincident. You've probably already tried to verify the install through the UBI*bleep* interface, but if not, that might be a start.

The last thing is that they did an update to the mod installer a couple of days ago, so that also might be a place to start.

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on April 21, 2023, 07:50:17 AM
I tried installing mods on FC5 and the mod installer gave me a warning about my game install being too new? And to wait for an update to the mod installer. Very weird, as I'm sure the game hasn't been updated in quite a few years. Mods did install on FC4 though so I have the fast action button instead of hold to activate, and I think a couple others as well, some community fixes and the like.

Current FC5 version is 1.016 and MI version is Version 20230421-1900
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I just use the UBI*bleep* app, steam isn't involved. It's been a while since I even ran FC5 so a verify might be in order. Since I was just trying to see if it could w0#k, not actually wanting to install mods yet, I didn't take it any further. As I recall it couldn't recognize the game version and hinted that it might be newer than the one it was looking for. Pretty sure it said 1.016 as Low Poly mentions, so if there wasn't an update past that, not sure what version I have. I'm sure it's whatever the UBI*bleep* app has downloaded and I don't recall any updates for it in a long time. I may fiddle with it for a bit see what the deal is, just didn't have time then.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

I hope you get it sorted D_B  :thumbsup:

Playing FC5 (or any of them) has been so much fun.  O0

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah poked around the UBI*bleep* app and noticed that on the FC5 page instead of the "Play Now" button, it said "Update" so I did. Usually it just updates automatically, but maybe only current games, not sure. So I let it update and the mod installer had no complaints this time. I didn't install any but maybe if I decide to start playing that one again, I'll definitely install a couple.
D_B

PZ

It might be worth a go. You could go conservative and deactivate any checked mods and just use the editors to slightly change parameters like weapons, rewards, and scopes. I'm playing through again, but this time changed the rewards parameters to significantly reduce the resistance points so the final timed/frenetic playing requirements are not triggered. I'm just enjoying liberating the cult outposts, prepper and other side missions.

I'm currently using Cheeseburger and Peaches as my buddies, and am enjoying sending them in to devastate the cult. It's kind of funny watching them w0#k - Cheeseburger will often grab a cult member in his mouth and shake him around like a rag doll before casting him away dead  :D

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I would mostly want to tweak the forced progression to keep that from happening, and there is one already listed, if you get to the point where it would happen, there is no hunting party that collects you, and you just go to the place that continues the story when you want, so it sounds like you could play the entire game with none of the story happening. That's kind of what I would want.

That and the one that lets you go to that one building that's blocked off where you always pass out and wake up out in the woods. Normally you only go there during one story mission and never again. That kind of thing really annoys me in games. Happens in Cyberpunk as well too, and using tricks and mods to get back into places like that is something I like to do. But if they weren't blocked then would the desire be there to get back in? Who knows lol.

Having two companions was also one of my favorite things about FC5, something they got rid of in FC6 which I think was a mistake, along with not letting you have any human companions. It was so cool in FC5 to be able to recruit anyone to follow along with you, so you could have a heavy gunner person along with one of the regular companions who was a sniper or something, to have a mini-squad along with you. Not sure why they got rid of that in FC6, as there's plenty of people to recruit and several that could have been named companions a real missed opportunity.
D_B

PZ

I'm with you 100%. The only things I would personally add to what you suggested would be the weapons, scopes, and rewards edits. I like the "one shot one kill" strength weapons. In my mind even the weakest firearm shot to the head should be a one shot kill.

Dweller_Benthos

Get out of here with your reality stuff!!!   :laughsm:  ;)
D_B

PZ

fragger

That's true. Get shot in the head with any kind of gun other than a Nerf and you likely won't be shrugging it off :anigrin:

PZ

Dweller_Benthos

'tis but a scratch!
D_B

LowPolyOWG

1 frame reload speed anyone? :D :anigrin:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

Pretty cool, might as well make every weapon a full auto lol.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳