Far Cry 5 First Impressions. (Spoiler: I finished the game already)

Started by Dweller_Benthos, March 28, 2018, 06:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

I didn't have Nick as a buddy yet, I was doing the missions backwards, I guess. So no help from him. But John did eventually stop flying in impossible loops and kept to a single path so I could shoot him down. Couldn't get the hang of the aim on the missiles though, so I never landed a shot with those.

Nex, you can fly any of the aircraft in the game, to any point in the map you want. Kind of like the gyrocopters in FC4, you can "buy" one at any shop equipped to handle aircraft and it will always be available at any airport after that. I could be using the helicopter I got with the gold edition, but it's too OP, you could pretty much obliterate any outpost with it. It also makes you miss any fun stuff on the ground if you're flying all the time, so I usually stick to vehicles or just walking. That's the most I enjoy the game is when I'm just walking somewhere and come upon something cool in the landscape or find some action happening. The thing about this game is the landscape is essentially the same as where I live, maybe not so mountainous and rugged, but the plants and animals are what I find in my backyard for the most part (no grizzlies or mountain lions around here anymore though), but everything is familiar and it's a neat experience to just wander around.

OWGKID, we'll have to meet up again for some arcade action, should be fun.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

LowPolyOWG

:anigrin:

With BinnZ having the game, we can have 3 players in the Arcade :gnehe: However, I do expect your data usage to be slightly higher, if we run 3 player Arcade sessions
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

nex

Respect is earned, not given.

nex

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Thought I'd look at the Steam price, shocking!!!  ???
Think I'll wait a while......

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on April 19, 2018, 08:37:06 AM
Couldn't get the hang of the aim on the missiles though, so I never landed a shot with those.

Yeah, hitting stuff with dumb fire rockets isn't easy ::) Co-op would have helped, the 2nd player can just use the RAT4 w/ lock-on upgrade ;)

Nex, buy it through Uplay (If you have 100 Uplay points, you can get a -20% off code). GreenManGaming has all FC5 editions for -10% off. Prices are in USD, so, maybe cheaper than Steam? If you buy from there, it will be redeemed directly to your Uplay account

Art Blade

I just checked, here on steam the standard edition costs R 886,90 (€ 59,99)

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah that's a bit more than what I paid, if the conversion is still correct, for the gold edition, about R200 more. At least comparing to the current price on steam, I ordered through UPlay but I don't think it was that much different.

I'm almost finished, I just have to confront Joe and that will be it. I still have a bunch of the fetch quests to finish, like collecting the comic books and such.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

does the game count the quests finished? I'd like to know how many quests (not counting collectibles) there are in FC5. I'm curious because generally you guys are so unusually fast finishing the game. Sounds as if there were only like 20 missions

LowPolyOWG

Think it's like 40-50 quests per region. The map will track progress. Doesn't help when you fill up the resistance meter faster by doing random events ::)

Art Blade

by the speed you lot finished the game I can only assume that you played mostly main story missions. It is hard to believe that 40 to 50 missions per region (how many regions? I reckon at least three) can be done within a couple of days. Or they are so short that it only takes minutes. Anyway, it sounds as if the game was over a tad too fast. Just by comparison, I've played KCD for 381 hours now and completed 46 missions, 12 of which main missions, and I'm far from completion. The time not related to missions was exploring and levelling up certain skills. Only yesterday I got the highest level (20) in vitality, which took really long to get; same goes for most other skills, and again, I'm far from levelling up everything. It is a lot slower-paced than FC5.

PZ

Yes, you'll play a few missions or just spend time in the game doing stuff and when the RP rises enough, the game forces you back into the story line. I finished the game way fast (for me) and still had plenty to do but because the night bug was so annoying, I just opened a new game and started doing the fun stuff as much as possible. When the main mission line becomes annoying again, I'll just start over - the first part of the game is much more fun for me than the run and gun stuff.

PZ

Because I am trained in what to do, I'm only a few hours into the game and have two companions and my favorite weapons - an AR-CL that I use with a tactical scope on full auto for an "assault weapon" even though it is a sniper. It uses plain rifle ammo. The second is the SA-50 I purchased for those special occasions when you want to reach out far and touch someone. I found an RPG, but I need to get the Carl G because I suck at aiming

Art Blade

the simplest way to improve aiming is based on two techniques, especially if you're using a controller that doesn't snap onto targets:

1) aim ahead of where the enemy is going to run and just wait for them to walk into your waiting crosshair.

2) adjust your aim by strafing rather than moving the crosshair around, it is much more stable.

It won't make you a champion but it should help improve your hit ratio :)

LowPolyOWG

:anigrin:

Quote from: Art Blade on April 20, 2018, 04:06:24 PM
by the speed you lot finished the game I can only assume that you played mostly main story missions. It is hard to believe that 40 to 50 missions per region (how many regions? I reckon at least three) can be done within a couple of days. Or they are so short that it only takes minutes. Anyway, it sounds as if the game was over a tad too fast. Just by comparison, I've played KCD for 381 hours now and completed 46 missions, 12 of which main missions, and I'm far from completion. The time not related to missions was exploring and levelling up certain skills. Only yesterday I got the highest level (20) in vitality, which took really long to get; same goes for most other skills, and again, I'm far from levelling up everything. It is a lot slower-paced than FC5.

I think some of the missions are quite short indeed. But I assume the 40-50 count includes the side quests as well. At least you need to find them by walking around in the world, rather than having a minimap showing you what to do.

Quote from: PZ on April 20, 2018, 07:51:40 PM
I found an RPG, but I need to get the Carl G because I suck at aiming

The RPG-7 have the scope upgrade, although without the lock-on capability of the Carl G ;)

nex

Quote from: PZ on April 20, 2018, 04:14:24 PM
Yes, you'll play a few missions or just spend time in the game doing stuff and when the RP rises enough, the game forces you back into the story line. I finished the game way fast (for me) and still had plenty to do but because the night bug was so annoying, I just opened a new game and started doing the fun stuff as much as possible. When the main mission line becomes annoying again, I'll just start over - the first part of the game is much more fun for me than the run and gun stuff.
Compared to FC2, it seem a bit quick, even FC3 and 4 took a while longer.
And judging from reading posts, this game is even less openworld
than FC3 and 4.
Sadly we have to admit, there will never be another Far Cry game as good as FC2   :undecided-new:

Tags:
🡱 🡳