Far Cry 5 First Impressions. (Spoiler: I finished the game already)

Started by Dweller_Benthos, March 28, 2018, 06:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I hate getting stripped of my gear. Why.. alright, it's just one more of those UBI*bleep* ideas as to what fun is.

I liked it when you caught that green money ball or whatever it was that one of those flying dragons dropped after you shot it :anigrin: The mars environment (outdoors) looks good. However, I noticed a couple of features I saw before in a different UBI*bleep* game, it was probably console only. It was about an outcast girl who became a hunter and had to tame robotic animals to ride them and there were those buildings inside mountains that turned out to be stuff from before the war (post-apocalyptic, once more) and all that.. they really do that, reuse stuff from other games.. However, I watched the entire clip until indeed the stream stopped in the middle of the fight. In a way you could have played Serious Sam, hordes of enemies coming at you.. that stuff is so old but UBI*bleep* can't let go of those concepts it would seem. The mars DLC sure looks way better than the base game but still I wouldn't quite enjoy it. Main thing is that you're having fun O0

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah the part without weapons was at least brief.

Horizon Zero Dawn is the game I think you're thinking of. It looked pretty cool and I was interested until I found it was console only and 3rd person only. Maybe the same team made the Mars stuff and just changed assets?

It is fun, and different enough from the main game to be interesting. There are a few things I could do without, but all in all it's OK. I think I liked the Viet Nam one a little better.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on July 23, 2018, 07:53:15 AMHorizon Zero Dawn is the game I think you're thinking of.
yep, that's the one. I watched an entire playthrough of it, and that's it: watching was good enough; I'd never have enjoyed playing it, though.

Dweller_Benthos

Maybe I'll look for some videos of it, but yeah, I think it looked better than it played.

So, Clutch Nixon (Eval Knievel) is back, and there are stunt races to be done once you get the "Space Wings" - a wingsuit for Mars. Anyway, the usual checkpoint race, which are timed and easy to fail at. So it took a few tries but I got it. After the intro part, you can skip to 6:35 to see the winning run, the rest up until then are fails. After that is just some more action and a queen fight, complete this time, with the new weapons, a heavy machine gun and a sniper rifle. The enemies are also tougher now as I've restored 50% power to ANNE and they've mutated in response. There are also more helper droids around as the robot production has increased.

D_B

Art Blade

good job winning that race :thumbsup: There's stuff like that in GTAV, with a parachute. :) How bloody convenient that enemies spontaneously mutate in response to restoring Anne.. they should have deteriorated instead. I'll have to watch the rest tomorrow, late here ;)

Dweller_Benthos

I was trying to do the flight school in GTAV and got stuck on flying the jet under bridges. I had to bail on that one, just couldn't do it. I may go back and try again, but I don't think I'll be finishing flight school.  :sad-new: Looks like my bronze medal run there is probably over, lol. I just barely squeaked by a few of them too, just like this Clutch Nixon run where I just barely made the final target before hitting the ground.

Supposedly, the aliens detected the increased power ANNE now has and self-mutated in response.
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

In my last live stream, I tried to get into a geyser but for some reason it didn't w0#k. You're supposed to pass out and wake up in a new scenario. I didn't start the stream until I was already there, but it's a quest for a power core, in a hallucination world or something. After that, I liberate a robot facility.

D_B

Art Blade

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

I like how the Peggies in the geyser world blow up real good.... I want those pistols though, in the main game, I don't think you can get them though, I haven't seen them in the weapon shop.
D_B

Art Blade

I see. I'd also want to have that gravity belt and space suit and ALL the Martian stuff, why not :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah the gravity belt would be fun too. The pistols are there, I just haven't unlocked them yet.
D_B

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Some more live stream action. The first bit I thought there was going to be two queens to fight from what the map and Larry's note said, but only one queen showed. I still died a lot, lol.

Then I go into another geyser and for some reason my live stream quit again. Not sure why it does that, but I again missed the start of the mission.

It quit again and I had to restart. So you get the idea. Anyway, after that I liberate a tower and get the pistol that shoots homing laser balls.

hehe balls.
D_B

Art Blade

I just realised that even on Mars, UBI*bleep* didn't forget to put up those "tower" riddles like the ones in FC3 and ever since, obviously..  :banghead:

The nut pistol with those homing balls is cool :anigrin:

Tags:
🡱 🡳