Firefox scrollbar

Started by BinnZ, April 08, 2018, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BinnZ

Hello friends,

I have a problem with the Firefox scrollbar. I can hardly see the grey par that shows whether you're on the top or the bottom of the page, or somewhere halfways. It's really annoying and I tried to find a solution, but haven't found any. Do you know a solution to make it more visible?

Thanks in forward,

BinnZ
"No hay luz"

nex

The only one who might be able to help is PZ, I don't use firefox
Respect is earned, not given.

PZ

Unfortunately unless you change the brightness of the screen, I am not aware of a method of making the scroll bar more visible. That seems to be a problem on most if not all browsers.

I've taken to just moving the mouse to the right edge of the screen which makes the bar darker, but only if you are on it.  :banghead:

Art Blade

I see you're using a dark theme for the forum, the same as mine. My scrollbar is almost blinding me here. So I assume you're referring to something not related to this forum. There's no easy fix that I can find unless you want to download custom-made themes for FF.

I too have a white on white scrollbar on other forums or pages. I use the mousewheel mostly so I never paid attention, but if I do, I look for the darker grey slider (maybe use the mousewheel so you notice movement) and click on it with the mouse pointer.

mandru

I noticed this right when the change occurred.  With my ageing eyes finding the scroll bar marker has been problematic for me too.

Not that I can do anything about it.  There's no way I'm going change my browser to Google Chrome to have my personal information become a product they can harvest for profit.

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

it would be nice to just apply colours to elements of your choice, like in windows.

Dweller_Benthos

Must be a windows 10 thing? My firefox scrollbar is a 3D-ish thing that's pretty easy to see.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

even on white background?

PZ

D_B is correct - the problem is the way W10 handles the scrollbar graphic - it is completely flat. It did not look that way in W7 (or before). I have not found an easy solution to the problem.

Dweller_Benthos

Picture is worth 1,000 words:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Windows 7. I never understood why Microsoft thought it was better to go with a completely flat interface, there's no way to know what's a button and what isn't, so you mouse all over looking to see what you can click on.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

dang-a-lang, damnation. I want 3D in W10!

LowPolyOWG

Are you using the latest Win 10/Fire Fox updates, BinnZ?
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

BinnZ

Thank you all for the replies. Indeed, I have the newest updates. The fact that this is a windows related issue might give me an idea. I bet I can change windows settings on themes, please correct me if I'm wrong that will save me the search.
I do remember Mandru that you mentioned this earlier. Couldn't find the old posts though, so I made a new topic :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

PZ

There might be a theme that would w0#k, although I have not seen anything that changes the scrollbars. Interesting, there is a scrollbar color entry in the registry. I have not messed with it though.

Art Blade

it's not the forum's theme, it's about a general problem. The dark theme works perfectly nice with W10/FF because the white(ish) scrollbar sticks out like a sore thumb on the dark background.

Tags:
🡱 🡳