BinnZ goes to County

Started by BinnZ, April 10, 2018, 03:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BinnZ

Well, I did it. I got Far Cry 5.

Graphics look terrific. Lots of corridoriffic tutorial stuff, the type of gameplay that makes me think; why do they even bother having me press enter every now and then? Or push forward? I mean, my character can walk by herself along those goons? Whatever, the scenery is nice, I get the picture; We're fucked in a madman's land.

Some funny first impressions concerning the gameplay; I picked up a nice interactive map. It looked like a paper map, but when I opened it, the water was moving, the wind was blowing... wow. Harry Potter style :)
I gotta be careful or I drive nuts sooner than I can say knock-knock. Before I knew the game made me interact with a metal hatch. Did you ever interact with a metal hatch? Well, no wonder it wasn't talking back :anigrin:
I did some character customization and yes, I can see my feet. But only the sweaty toes, no titties :(
Until now, no sexy clothes eiter. Just some half-hippy half-military outfit. Ok ok I get it, I need to blend in :D

I also had a nice conversation with the save option in the menu:

And believe it or not; I found my first undead cultist. I did a silent takedown on him, then he suddenly disappeared. I looked up, behind me, but he was nowhere to be seen. Then I walked around the house, and when I came back he was standing there. The empty shell of what used to be a hillbilly moron. I could shoot him again, but like I said; undead.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

So far so good, I'm having fun :bigsmile:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

OK.. you definitely should lay off those hallucinogenic substances :gnehe:

PZ

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: BinnZ on April 10, 2018, 03:08:08 PM
I did some character customization and yes, I can see my feet. But only the sweaty toes, no titties :(
Until now, no sexy clothes eiter. Just some half-hippy half-military outfit. Ok ok I get it, I need to blend in :D

:laughsm: :anigrin:

Looking forward to co-op with you soon :anigrin:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

Hope you find some fun in the game, Binn. I've been enjoying it, even though it may not be 100% fresh and ground-breaking.

The save option doesn't give you a lot of feedback when it's actually saving. If you look in the upper right corner of the screen when you save, there are three dots that appear that tell you it's saved the game. It will also auto-save at certain points, which will over write your manual save. There is also no guarantee that you will load the save at the same exact place and with the same conditions around you as there were when you saved. I've tried saving while sitting in a vehicle I wanted to keep in the next session and have had it not be there 50% of the time. Not to mention being in a new location that's more or less close to where I saved, sometimes more, sometimes less. But this is the way Far Cry games have been doing it for a while now.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

There do seem to be some inconsistencies in how the game is saved - I've fast transported to different areas while in a vehicle, and about half the time I arrive still in that vehicle. Same experience as D_B when in a vehicle between sessions.

I wish there were multiple game save slots like in Origins.  :undecided-new:

LowPolyOWG

BinnZ

I've come a little farther in the game. I think I have liberated half of Jacob's territory. I did some extended fishing sessions, since that's the best way of making money fast and I wanted to have a good .50 cal sniper rifle. I have that now :)
Note to self; never buy games that make you fish in order to get nice weapons

I must say, thinking it over, that although the graphics are nice and the game provides the usual approach and shoot'm up fun, I still feel like I'm playing a children's game. Instead of Indians now I'm fighting bearded Americans. But it's all so extremely hollow. When I was preparing myself a nice BBQ this weekend, I thought to myself; thís is what FC5 should've been. These guys are doomsday preppers, they aren't catching fish, they're roasting boars! Having parties with camp fires and moonshine, talking of the good ol' days...
Nothing. Just goons detecting you and killing you. The only difference is that they have a beard now and talk 'proper' American English. An entire army of whackos that are just there with the sole purpose of killing you and you alone, and prevent you from freeing 3 or 4 'so called' friens.
Note to self; never buy games that have an army put somewhere with the sole purpose of erasing one man, the player of said game

There is no soul in the game. That freaking O'neils Farm in GTA has better personality than this entire bunch of religiously insane. It's getting old; me comparing other games to what GTA got to offer, but seriously, this is cheap entertainment. PEGI 6, I'd say. No blood, not chopped off testicles, and worst of all: stupid arcade-like wing-suit contests you can't escape from! :angry-new:
If only they had designed proper wing-suit controls, but no. In order to open your wing-suit, you have to open your parachute first! Of course, that makes sense, totally logic! Geeeeee-ZUS, what a disgrace!
If I knew that I couldn't cancel that stupid Nixon challenge or whatever it's called, I would've never started it.
Note to self; never buy games that force you to do challenges with a wing-suit

I never thought I'd complain about an in-game challenge, man I think I AM getting old after all :anigrin:

Note to self; never buy UBIgames again
"No hay luz"

BinnZ

I almost forgot:
Note to self; never buy games that hide all titties behind hippie dresses

:anigrin:
"No hay luz"

PZ

LowPolyOWG

Clutch Nixon? Never did those.

Quote from: BinnZ on April 23, 2018, 01:48:17 PM
Note to self; never buy games that hide all titties behind hippie dresses :anigrin:

There is a bug that shows you without clothing in the customization menu. Happens randomly so :-X

Art Blade

note to Binnatics: Never buy UBI*bleep* games. :gnehe:

fragger

He already has that note, it's right at the end (hard to spot, just above the IP address) :gnehe:

Art Blade

cheers, now I see it :) But it can't be said too often, so no harm done.

STAY AWAY from UBIshit :gnehe:

PZ

Problem is that they sometimes come out with what becomes a favorite of mine. Most of the AC series for me, and especially the last one.

I was thinking of the games I like and they are not too many - Just Cause 2, all the Uncharted games, and RDR. However, the ones that I play multiple times are my favorites in the UBI*bleep* line, even FC5 which I have complained bitterly about. There is enough to keep me interested.

Tags:
🡱 🡳