FC5 teaser

Started by LowPolyOWG, May 22, 2017, 09:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Ahh, UBI*bleep**bleep* wants to use a FC2 exploration system this time ??? Well, there goes my hope for some tower climbing to reveal the map :banghead: :laughsm:

https://www.pcaficionado.com/2017/06/27/far-cry-5-towers-mini-maps-removed-ubisoft-speaks/
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

I'm encouraged by this quote:

Quote from: gamingboltThe idea of leaving players to themselves in a living breathing world is a salivating one, and as we've seen already this year in a game like Breath of the Wild, this absolute freedom of exploration and complete lack of hand-holding can lead to some wonderful, player-made moments. It's great to see that Far Cry 5 seems to be taking that even one step further by removing the mini-map as well.

Dweller_Benthos

No map at all though, or just no on-screen minimap? If there's no map at all, looks like I'll have to crank up the graphics extraction and make my own again. Any large open-world game needs a map, if only to access and look to see where you are and that you need to head north (which is THAT way) to get to where you want to go. Otherwise, there will be a lot of lost people wandering around getting frustrated that they just passed that same farm house AGAIN and still haven't gotten back to the bar where the chick who sells molotovs is.

No tower climbing though? What ever will I do with my time then?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on June 29, 2017, 08:21:35 AM
... If there's no map at all, looks like I'll have to crank up the graphics extraction and make my own again ...

Oh yeah  O0  :thumbsup:

Maybe they will have a map similar to what was in FC2.  I liked bringing up the paper map in that game

LowPolyOWG

Hmm, maybe I need to add this to my wishlist :anigrin:

DB, if that's the case, there are most likely road signs pointing to locations.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I would like an actual physical object in game that you have to take out and look at, but at least something to go by. I suppose a smart phone with a GPS screen would do, but I'd like a paper map like in FC2.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

*whips out smart phone, dials help desk* "Operator, please triangulate my current position and tell me how to get to that lady selling Molotov cocktails, please."

LowPolyOWG

fragger

There would have to be some kind of map surely, either in-game or physical (I'd forgotten all about the paper map that came with FC2, thanks for the memory jog D_B :gnehe: I've still got that squirreled away somewhere). How will you know where you are in the game world in relation to anything else? I'm okay with them ditching the minimap and towers, but you need some way of knowing not just where you want to go, but where you've already been.

nex

I like what they did in GR Wildlands, here's hoping    :-X
Respect is earned, not given.

PZ

Same here nex; if not the FC2 map, then the Wildlands is the next best thing I've seen  O0

BinnZ

Guys, if there's no map, the game will be more real. And trust me; the community will come up with maps. Look at DayZ for example. There's plenty.  ;)
"No hay luz"

nex

You forgetting we talking about UBI*bleep* here BinnZ    :anigrin:
Respect is earned, not given.

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Tags:
🡱 🡳