Started by LowPolyOWG, May 22, 2017, 09:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

LowPolyOWG

Some new weapons

A Czech sniper rifle (CZ550), M60E4 (the Pig), M249 SAW from FC2 returns.

There are some gold-plated variants of weapons too :anigrin:

Art Blade

the good old gold fetish :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

Dweller_Benthos

PC Gamer has an article about the game, about the only things we don't already know (at least me anyway) was that your character will be silent, so like Fallout 3, and I presume this is because you'll be able to pick either from a set of pre-made people, or create a character of your own design like Fallout 4. I would also presume you can pick gender as well. But that's me guessing.

Once the initial mission is done, you can go anywhere, do anything, so I will be ignoring the main quest as usual.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on December 18, 2017, 08:33:14 AM
Once the initial mission is done, you can go anywhere, do anything, so I will be ignoring the main quest as usual.

Same here - will do the same as in AC Origins - do only what is needed until my level is so high the main missions will not be that bad. (a shame to say "that bad" when you've purchased something that is supposed to be fun)

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on December 18, 2017, 08:33:14 AM
I presume this is because you'll be able to pick either from a set of pre-made people, or create a character of your own design like Fallout 4. I would also presume you can pick gender as well. But that's me guessing.

100% correct. It's basically FC2 all over again, character wise

LowPolyOWG

Watching various gameplays, FC5 seems to take stuff from GRW and apply them in a FC like environment. You can raid barns which is a small platforming puzzle. They contain loot and perk "guides". As with GRW, you can collect maps around to get the locations of items in the world.

Weapons can now use multiple types of ammo. For launchers, you can add cluster missiles like the LK 1018 and mortars from FC4. Thrown explosives can be crafted on the fly. No need to do so via menus :bigsmile:

You can recruit random allies as buddies. Random civilians can now direct you to additional side quests. Cultist vehicles and roadblocks can be destroyed/looted for Resistance Points/XP. Vehicles can be bought and spawned from various vendors.

Health is no longer segmentet. You have a full HP bar that refills itself. Weapons will be covered in blood if you take damage. For melee weapons, they will be stained with blood :evil2: You can still manually heal yourself.

fragger

I wonder if they'll have something like the rescue-buddy function in FC2. That was such a cool innovation O0

I'll never forget the time Flora came to my rescue and a bad guy got too close, so she let go of me, kneed the merc in the groin and then punched him out :gnehe:

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

I remember those, but they were rare. I also remember a scene where the buddy drops you and shoot a guy charging with a machete. :evil2:

Fragger, you guessed correctly. This is the only clip I found that shows the buddy-revive feature and the cluster missile RPG :evil2:

LowPolyOWG

Developer Q/A  :bigsmile: Maaan, can't wait :anigrin:

Art Blade

65 individuals is quite a lot compared to 20.

LowPolyOWG

Indeed. How does that compare to Fallout 4?

Tags:
🡱 🡳