FC5 teaser

Started by LowPolyOWG, May 22, 2017, 09:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

Fallout 4 has over 1,200 named characters. That includes bad guys that you can't interact with, but there are literally hundreds of unique individual characters that you can interact with, even it's just to exchange a few lines of dialogue. Even so, the characters that do figure prominently in the story, i.e. are more than just mere dialogue sources, still numbers around several hundred.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_characters

Prepare for a long scroll...

Art Blade

eat your heart out, UBI*bleep*. :anigrin:

fragger

I should point out that the list includes not just humans but some robots, some "Synths" (synthetic humans), and a few one-off creatures. It also includes a small percentage of characters who are already dead when you find them, sometimes just skeletal remains, usually with some back story in the form of a note, something recorded on nearby computer terminals, or "Holotapes". Even given that, there are still hundreds of living "friendlies" that you can interact with.

No two named characters look alike, either. They all have distinctive faces, hair and bodies. There is also over 111,000 lines of recorded dialogue, and it's all of a very high voice-acting quality.

This is why it has taken me almost two months to reach the point I'm at, and the end is still a ways off. It's huge - not in the sense of physical map size, but in the depth of gameplay, wealth of characters, and things you can do. I thought FC4 was big in that department, but it really pales next to this.

I'm still looking forward to FC5, and I've enjoyed all the FC games, but it'll have to pull something pretty magical out of the hat to top the experience I'm having with FO4. FC5 has some major shoes to fill in the character department. That's just my take, anyway.

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

I read my posts in reverse order with the latest at the top. When I entered this FC5 topic, I was glancing at fragger's post and saw:
Quote from: fraggerI should point out that the list includes not just humans but some robots, some "Synths" (synthetic humans), and a few one-off creatures...

For just an instant, I had a horrifying thought that they had put zombie-like characters in FC5! In the span of just a few seconds my mind had wandered to "oh no... zombies in a FC game!" to "well, I guess that game is off my list!" before I saw the reference to Fallout - what a relief.

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

:laughsm:

Hmm, I am not sure if you want to hear this, but apparently, there is a sequence where you are drugged, captured and baptised by the cult. I assume it's a part of the story, but I really hope we can defeat bosses like in Wildlands.

EDIT: Link is dead

Art Blade

what's the story behind UBI*bleep*'s drugging-the-player obsession? Damn.

LowPolyOWG

Since Far Cry 3  :banghead: I am still looking forward to Far Cry 5 :) Hopefully, that's just the only sequence and I believe you can skip dialogue/cutscenes this time. So not a huge problem.

fragger

That's not bad though, compared to some of UBI*bleep*'s earlier forays into tripsville, like the giant demon and the multiple Vass fight in FC3. At least it wasn't some silly hallucinogenic vision quest or magical mystery tour. If that's all there is in the game, I can live with it, especially if they let you skip it.

PZ

Yes, having the option to skip the foolishness is definitely a plus. I do not know why they keep putting in the drug haze - those are almost as bad as the boss fights. I did not like the ghost warrior sequences in prior game(s) either.

LowPolyOWG

O0

I have seen some footage where it says "Hold Circle (PS4) to skip" when it comes to dialogue/cutscenes. Similar to GTA V, you can press the Down button on the D-pad on the consoles to skip dialogue.

PZ

Yes, that's true - I just started my 3rd play through in Origins, and have been able to skip all the cut scenes by holding the circle button. Gets you right into the game without having to watch the reruns.  :gnehe:

PZ

UBI*bleep* just sent me this email:

Quote from: UbisoftWe value your opinion and would like to ask you a few questions about your purchase experience with Far Cry 5. It takes about twenty minutes, and your answers will remain anonymous, so be honest there are no good or bad answers!

Funny thing is that I have not purchased the game  :anigrin:

Art Blade

tell them that they forgot to ship the game so you (and they) will have to wait until you get it. :gnehe:

Tags:
🡱 🡳