FC5 teaser

Started by LowPolyOWG, May 22, 2017, 09:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

nevertheless you recommended Shadowplay. Isn't OBS a good idea for nex?

LowPolyOWG

No, I suggested it to him. Personally, never touched Shadowplay. I didn't thought about OBS until you posted it :-X OBS does have some advanced options you can tinker with, which can make it a bit complex. You also need to make some edits to the footage that you record, it doesn't export natively to Youtube.

Fraps will w0#k, as long as FC5 supports DX11 (which it most likely will, seeing how UBI*bleep**bleep**bleep* haven't released a full DX12 only game yet)
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

In the vid the guy used the default settings and said it was doing a good job. :)

Nex, maybe that's what you're looking for :)

LowPolyOWG

Yes it does. I believe Shadowplay is still less w0#k to begin with, as you can directly export things to YouTube. Unless you want to edit your footage ;)

Art Blade

I tried shadowplay, same as nex, and I "wasn't impressed," either. In fact, it was the reason why I uninstalled the whole nVidia suite and ever since I download/update the vid card driver alone. I don't have to bother with all the other *bleep* anymore. :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

PZ

I've virtually stopped capturing videos on the PC because it is so easy on the console. The PS4 continuously captures the past 5 minutes of latest video, and even while in game I can trim to what I want, and it uploads to YouTube in the background while I'm still playing the game. I too did not like the nVidia package and used FRAPS when I did PC videos.

I'm afraid that I'm becoming a console guy.

Dweller_Benthos

I use shadowplay to record everything I do. Since it's already there and free with the driver, might as well use it, and for what I do, there's no need for anything more complex. If the video is short enough and doesn't need editing, I just upload the file to youtube. I can do some simple overlays but I never looked into that too much. Plus you can set it to always record and then save the last 3-5 minutes of video if something cool and unexpected happens.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

that is useful information, cheers :)

LowPolyOWG

nex

For the moment I will stick with fraps while it still works
and I always edit the clips before posting on youtube.

I'm having a driver/GForce Experience update/install problem  ???
I realized I haven't had a update notice for some time now,
all attempts updating driver/Experience fails, won't even install in Safe Mode   :banghead: 
Respect is earned, not given.

Art Blade

I'd completely uninstall the driver / suite, use the default windows driver, and reinstall the current nVidia driver / suite.

LowPolyOWG

Display Driver Uninstaller is a popular driver uninstall tool :)

I haven't encountered any issues with the drivers refusing to install. I only install drivers if there is a game that needs it on release. Haven't installed a new driver since October last year.

LowPolyOWG

FC5 "Diverse" trailer

Story

Chaos

Some short trailers that have been leaked 8)

BinnZ

I haven't been following much of the seemingly endless stream of what's to come in FC5. It's too much for my taste. I did check out some info and footage every now and then though, and thus far I thought that I wanted to buy this title. Until yesterday...
Yesterday I checked a video on my favourite Dutch tech site that shows gameplay footage of their techies being allowed to test the game recently. They tested it on PS4.
I scrolled through a total of 3 hours gameplay and there were a few things that caught my attention there:
First of all was the driving on a road with a car. The car was cool looking, an old fashioned muscle car, late seventies / early eighties I suppose, and the driver (player) brought a buddy with him. A woman who was instantly enthusiastic about his course; freeing a certain area. Why this event caught my attention is because of the duration of the trip. Driving has never been my favourite pastime in any FC game, since the mechanics don't really make it appealing, neither did this trip. And it took so damn long... Ok, the world is big, meaning you'll have to spend loads of time driving a *bleep* car through a country on a tarmac road with all to look for is a waypoint on your screen, constantly bleeping?
The second thing that caught my attention was the actual liberation; exactly the type of liberation we had to do in FC3 when approaching an outpost. And you know what this clever techy player did? He stood next to a blind wall, using his goggles to look around, through that wall, and scan the entire area to know where the enemies will be; how delightful ::)
The text underneath the video footage explained somewhere that there are caches in some of these 'need-to-be-liberated-areas' with wild animals in it.
Something else that struck me was the landscape; in the promotion videos you see interesting places full of cool buildings or eventful natural areas, but what I saw in this gameplay footage was endless roads, coniferous forests and meadows. And the land was pretty flat :huh-new:

It was all pretty disappointing to be honest. The techies concluded that they will give FC5 the benefit of the doubt. They expect a good balance between old (what I described above) and new; which is descent and funny now missions, that aren't very profound, but definitely fun. Like ramming through various roadblocks with a fortified truck.
To me it seems I'd better stick to my bargain bin procedure, which deprived me of buying both FC4 and Primal until now :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

Tags:
🡱 🡳