FC5 teaser

Started by LowPolyOWG, May 22, 2017, 09:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Those are the story trailers. Perhaps characters that we will see in-game
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

OK, here's my new take based on the teaser video. You play those three characters, GTA style, and have to take back the town from the Jim Jones guy who's obviously convinced enough people to follow him. There may be more characters you can play later, once you start to reclaim areas and/or convince people that Jim Jones is a bad dude and they should stop following him.

I still expect climbing cell towers to unlock/reveal new areas though. But what would be cool is if it wasn't required, it would just reveal the map or allow more communication, but I doubt that. The tower unlock mechanic has been a Far Cry thing for two or three games now, so I expect it to continue.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

looks as if the base idea hasn't changed: Bad boy and his flock in a fortified area, and you to flush them out.

BinnZ

The original is better:

:anigrin:

I played this song on the guitar long ago when I learned playing from an old fart with curly hear and beard, and flaky skin. He could've just been pulled out of that Montana village, but he didn't carry guns ;)
"No hay luz"

BinnZ

But this version, of crazy ol' Bruce, is a tearjerker too ;)

"No hay luz"

BinnZ

Damn, UBI*bleep* or not, I am going to play this game. It's already good enough for me :)

The older I become, the more I realise how I love America :-[
"No hay luz"

PZ

I hope they go the way of Wildlands - fully open map from the start. Having to accomplish tasks just to be able to read a map is just annoying busywork to me.  :banghead:

Art Blade

All those versions.. check this out. Same song, but it is about the Indians.

BinnZ

Don't let Trump hear that :-X

He'll probably sign for 10 more pipelines to make the money flow for All Americans :gnehe:
"No hay luz"

Dweller_Benthos

IGN video breakdown, skip to about 40 minutes for pertinent info:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUKrStkG-hE

One of the guys has actually seen it running. You play a junior sheriff who is tasked with cleaning up the town of the whackos who have taken over. The three people you see are the helpers/quest givers. They may be like your buddy from FC2 where they can rescue you, or they may actually come along and help fight like a companion in Fallout. Or you may just report to them to get weapons and quests. There is a co-op mode, so how that's handled will be seen. I hope by then I have decent internet, so maybe I can team up with one of you guys and try co-op, that would be pretty cool.

The question is, to pre-order or not? The only pre-order perk I've seen so far is for play station and is player skins, which I have no interest in, probably for multiplayer. But it's nearly a year away, so there is time.

Oh yeah, and tower climbing, pretty much confirmed.
D_B

Art Blade

airstrike, napalm, done. Couple of seconds gameplay.  :anigrin:

So far, it looks just like any other game these days.

by the time I posted this, fragger wasn't yet online.

fragger

Near the end they're talking about PlayStation vs. XBox. Nothing about a PC version. Presumably there will be one.

I'll be up for this game, even though it's nine months away. It sounds like a typical Far Cry outing, but I'm fine with that. It worked for FC4, I still enjoy playing that one.

One positive thing about the promo stuff for FC games - what they advertise is accurately representative of what you will eventually get. Like everyone else I got stung by the No Man's Sky hype, finding it to be a game which was grossly misrepresented by its promotional material. The FC promos are always quite accurate and honest when it comes to describing what the game will entail and demonstrating what it will look like. If you've played earlier FC games and you see all the promo stuff for this one, you should know what to expect, so there shouldn't really be any excuse for buying it and then complaining that it's just more of the same. I can see that it probably will be more of the same, but I enjoy that particular same, and the prospect of a new location, new characters and a new story to apply to it appeals to me.

Having said all that, it's still a long way off and it just might surprise us. After FC3, I was half-prepared be disappointed by FC4, but it managed to pleasantly surprise me in lots of little ways. Not vastly different to 3, but different enough and with sufficient improvements and tweaks to hook me in. Maybe UBI*bleep* can do that again.

PZ

I'm definitely interested, but will wait until actual game video and reviews come out.

Dweller_Benthos

It's up for pre-order on Steam, so there will definitely be a PC version, and yes, Steam, so no more U-Play!!! yay!!!  (oop: Requires 3rd-Party Account: Ubisoft Account (Supports Linking to Steam Account)

Not sure about the pre-order, I think it's just a couple skins for outfits and guns (the "Doomsday Prepper pack") plus additional consumables, whatever that means. Then there's the deluxe and gold editions, which give you skins, guns, and stuff, and the gold gives you the deluxe stuff plus a season pass. The prices are $60, $70 and $90, if I knew what the season pass included, that would be a decent deal, plus the gold edition gets you a special sniper rifle, but it all depends on if you would just get that in the game anyway.
D_B

LowPolyOWG

You can probably buy the DLC on day 1 I guess. I wouldn't pre-order anyway, the game might be a mess on PC... Also, I guess the game will have skin packs just like Watch Dogs 2 and GRW.

Honestly, there's no reason to pre-order games as they are distributed digitally and there's no shortages of game keys. It was more useful if you ordered a physical copy by a retailer and went to the midnight launch.

Apparently, there are militia groups in some of the states (I didn't knew such groups existed in the U.S ???) and there have been some recent incidents relating to them
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Tags:
🡱 🡳