FC5 teaser

Started by LowPolyOWG, May 22, 2017, 09:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Generally, revealing PC specs some months/weeks prior to launch is a good sign, performance wise.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

BinnZ

Agreed.

But damn, they are really demanding some hardware there :o

Do these guys have shares in hardware development :huh-new:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

I've got just what it takes for "recommended." But I won't need it..

you know why. :gnehe:

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: BinnZ on January 23, 2018, 11:48:16 AM
But damn, they are really demanding some hardware there :o
Do these guys have shares in hardware development :huh-new:

Hardware on PC has gotten a shake-up, with AMD's launch of Ryzen. Recent UBI*bleep* titles scale very well when it comes to multithreading and it appears they could be using DX12 to achieve the native multi-GPU support :bigsmile: The consoles use 8 core CPUs and they are now available on the PC market. So it kind of make sense to recommend 6 and 8 core CPUs now. However, it sucks for the people running quad cores (i5s).

AMD is also working with UBI*bleep* to do optimization for their hardware.

BinnZ

I have i7, which is 4 real cores and 4 'hyper-threading' right? So that means I'm good?
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

You should be good. The i7s can utilize 8 threads, thanks to the Hyperthreading.

The only issue is your GPU, the GTX 570 isn't listed here. However, just dial your resolution to anything below 720p, the game will have a resolution scaler. So you can make the game render stuff at half resolution (360p) while still have a decent looking UI. However, everything will probably appear blurry  :-X If you insist on playing at 1080p, turn the resolution scale to 50%. I played Black Ops 3 on a 800×600 resolution, downsampled to half of that just for fun (effectively 400×300  :laughsm:). It looked horrible, but the frame rate went up to the 200s.

My laptop and desktop runs an i7 (4770K desktop, 7700HQ on my laptop), so I should be good too. I am curious how my CrossFire Rx 480 setup will w0#k with this, compared to the GTX 1070 in my laptop. There is a benchmark feature included in the game so I will run that.

BinnZ

I ordered a GTX 1080.

I ordered it. Didn't say I know when it will be delivered :-X
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Happy upgrade, BinnZ!

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Maybe go grab another GTX 1080 :anigrin:

Art Blade

That's a cool card, Binn, nice O0

LowPolyOWG

A GameSpot breakdown of Far Cry 5's features. They definitely have structured it like Wildlands, yet make it feel like a Far Cry game :)

Art Blade

looks like a wild mix of FC3+4, I can't compare it to other UBI*bleep* games that I used to play. So, no towers but "elements" of them.. hmm. I recognise a bit from what I've seen in playthrough videos about Wildlands, though.

I don't know why, and it doesn't have to do with my mantra, but somehow I absolutely don't get drawn to FC5. Unlike AC:O, that really looks good and PZ is playing the living daylights out of it, I can imagine doing the same with AC:O but really not at all with what I've seen from FC5 footage. For some reason I don't mind AC to be the same type of thing in different environments, but I wouldn't feel like doing yet another FC run. Wildlands looked really good, I can imagine playing that like nex does, all over again, so from what I've seen regarding Wildlands, that's apparently also partly blended with the new FC5. For instance, playing together main missions that way sounds cool. FC4 was nonsense with regard to co-op. Co-op in FC3 was really cool but there were only a handful of independent missions and they were not related to the main game. So maybe you guys are in for a treat if you can play co-op together. :)

LowPolyOWG

Yeah, FC4 and FC3's co-op was limited. However, the FC3 co-op was fun on consoles, having the ability to play locally :bigsmile: Wildlands, despite it's cringey story has solid gameplay. It's quite satisfying popping a cartel guy's head at 500+ meters :anigrin: It's also a break from the usual UBI*bleep**bleep* formula, you need to manually explore things around, rather than unlocking radio towers. Pilotable aircrafts makes the world bigger, as GRW's map is quite large. I wonder if FC5 is the same size :o

Progress for FC5's story is only saved for the host in co-op. The second player can still unlock/buy items/collect things, he/she will not progress further into the story.

Tags:
🡱 🡳