FC5 teaser

Started by LowPolyOWG, May 22, 2017, 09:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Yep, I am considering creating my own :anigrin:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

BinnZ

I'm ready. Just ordered a ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Strix OC 8GB that is IN STORE TODAY!!! Will pick it up ON FRIDAY!!!!

It costed me €704, but hell, I'm back up and running :)
"No hay luz"

PZ

LowPolyOWG

Nice! Glad you finally managed to get a new GPU.

On a side note, I hope I haven't gone too overboard with posting news/spoilers of this game. Think I need to slow down my hype train a little bit  :laughsm: :gnehe: But damn, it looks like the 4 year dev cycle has paid off.

The 1080 is somewhat above the 1070, I think Nvidia use faster GDDR5X memory for that one ;) I think the GTX 1080s retails for the same price point here, BinnZ.

PZ

Never too much in my book - post away  O0

The four-year production of Origins sure paid off - that game is definitely my favorite, and if FC5 is anywhere near as good, that will be my favorite among the Far Cry series

LowPolyOWG

Yeah. Actually, Ubisoft are starting to do R* style of development cycles, rather than having multiple projects on the same time, they'd rather focus on one or two games with a large dev team. AC Unity was a trainwreck at launch and FC4... Looked unfinished in some areas, but it wasn't AC Unity levels of glitchy.

Benchmarks that compares the 1070 Max Q vs the desktop GTX 1080

Looks like you will have on average 45% faster gaming performance than me, Binn. I expect it to be higher, 3rd party GPUs have some core clock modifications and those benchmarks are probably the reference model :)

BinnZ

Interesting comparison site Gkid!

Don't worry about spamming and spoiling. The only real spoiler is UBI*bleep* itself. You're basically only quoting. And we can still chose to watch it or not ;)

I hardly watch any of it, I only watch what I need to watch just to make sure I won't buy a dung-in-a-bag again :bigsmile:
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Thanks  :)

I am only watching the stuff that I find interesting to know about in the game.
Watching the gameplay and features makes this a game I am going to spend time with. I already made a plan for what I am going to do as soon as the game launch :anigrin:

fragger

Quote from: BinnZ on March 08, 2018, 02:05:53 PM
I hardly watch any of it, I only watch what I need to watch just to make sure I won't buy a dung-in-a-bag again :bigsmile:

:D

Indeed, post as much as you like, GKID :) I hope I didn't sound critical of you earlier when I said I don't watch the videos, because I didn't mean it that way at all. I'm looking forward to seeing what the game is all about, but I just don't want to see too much of it too soon. I want it to be a relatively fresh experience, for good or bad.

The devs have made it pretty clear that it will still be very much a Far Cry title, which means that many of the characteristics that we've come to associate with the franchise will remain, but they have concentrated on addressing the things that people have become bored with, such as tower-climbing, half the map being off-limits at the start, and so on. If they can keep silly mind-monsters, QTEs and bad trips out of it, that will be a big plus in my book :gnehe: From what I have gathered so far, it sounds more like a revamped and improved version of the FC2 style of approach, which will be great if they can carry it off well.

I'm looking forward to the environment. As much as I love FO4, it will be nice to play in a world where the water isn't radioactive, buildings aren't half-ruined, and the trees still have leaves on them. Plus wild animals that don't spit poison and rear up out of the ground behind you, but instead just give you a good old-fashioned mauling :anigrin:

I just hope they don't overdo the wild animals like they did in FC4. I don't want to have to fend off grizzlies, wolves and mountain lions (or whatever they have in Montana) every ten paces (I still have no-so-fond memories of being simultaneously attacked by a leopard, a trio of wild boars and a honey badger in the middle of a mortar barrage). I also don't want eagles trying to pick me up by my head with monotonous regularity. I mean, really.

PZ

Quote from: fragger on March 08, 2018, 03:48:00 PM
...I just hope they don't overdo the wild animals like they did in FC4. I don't want to have to fend off grizzlies, wolves and mountain lions (or whatever they have in Montana) every ten paces (I still have no-so-fond memories of being simultaneously attacked by a leopard, a trio of wild boars and a honey badger in the middle of a mortar barrage). I also don't want eagles trying to pick me up by my head with monotonous regularity. I mean, really.

I feel the same and have hopes that they did it like Origins. I was skeptical when I heard that there were wild animals in Origins, but it has turned out to be very much okay. While I disliked the animals in FC, they are fine in Origins so hopefully they learned from that game.

nex

Go for it GKID   O0
Respect is earned, not given.

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: fragger on March 08, 2018, 03:48:00 PM
Indeed, post as much as you like, GKID :) I hope I didn't sound critical of you earlier when I said I don't watch the videos, because I didn't mean it that way at all. I'm looking forward to seeing what the game is all about, but I just don't want to see too much of it too soon. I want it to be a relatively fresh experience, for good or bad.

No worries, I just hide them behind spoiler tags ;) Gotta admit, I was quite surprised the first time I played FC3, which I went in blind ;) To be honest, I prefer the official developer trailers, the youtubers that have gameplay are annoying to listen to or, they just don't use a huge variety of weapons ::) Can't wait until I can record my own clips :bigsmile:

I can agree with you on the design points fragger, it's definitely a mix between what we saw from FC2 and features from Wildlands.

I just saw a video of the skill points/challenges system. Not going to link that here/reveal what skills we get,
Spoiler
but you needed like 289 points to complete it ???

fragger

Casual gamers who post videos of their play sessions always seem to be rotten players anyway. They all just run straight at the bad guys spraying bullets all over the place, repeatedly taking hits before they inevitably get smacked down. Haven't these dingbats ever heard of "shooting from cover"? Nope - straight up the middle and out in the open like badly-programmed bots. And their aim stinks. They spray bullets everywhere while they're on the run with their shots hitting everything except the enemies. Then they lose their tempers when they keep getting killed. They're some of the worst gamers I've ever seen ::)

PZ

I hope you guys are correct in stating that the game will incorporate elements of FC2 and Wildlands. Both are favorites of mine, and to have a game that exhibits characteristics of both would be quite welcome.

LowPolyOWG

Fragger, I can agree... :)

He he, wait and see, PZ :anigrin: About two weeks left ::) :bigsmile:

Tags:
🡱 🡳