FC5 teaser

Started by LowPolyOWG, May 22, 2017, 09:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

O0

I am still waiting for the call from GameStop and the preload on Friday :banghead:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

LowPolyOWG

A little heads up, UBI*bleep* has now published the Uplay rewards/Uplay achievements for FC5 on the Uplay app ;)

BinnZ

I find it stupid that they don't allow steam to have the achievements too. But on the other hand, I'm happy they don't. Makes it less tempting to get all of them. I really can't use another Achievement run this year :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

:laughsm:

I bought it via Uplay, as I saved 20%. Rather than paying 90€, I paid 70€ for the gold edition  :bigsmile: For the standard edition, it will be 40€ rather than 60€, which Steam wants  ;)

Dweller_Benthos

Wait, there's a version on Steam and I could do away with Uplay completely? I did not know that. Dang it.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

I'm not sure how it will go with FC5, but I have a couple of the AC games purchased from Steam, and when the game starts, it boots both Uplay and Steam

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on March 20, 2018, 07:50:53 AM
Wait, there's a version on Steam and I could do away with Uplay completely?

No, the Steam version requires Uplay as usual. However, who wants to say "no thanks" to a -20% rebate? Not me :bigsmile:

Dweller_Benthos

oh, OK, just that having it on Steam would make transferring it from w0#k to home a bit easier since steam a backup utility.
D_B

Art Blade

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on March 21, 2018, 07:49:14 AMsince [.....] steam [.....] a backup utility.

OK, a riddle, we need to fill in those blanks or we may leave one of them blank.. hmmm...

LowPolyOWG

Since Steam has a backup utility? :huh-new:

LowPolyOWG

DB, when it comes to copying stuff over, just click on this little string of text below "Download". My client is set to Norwegian, but I assume it should say "Locate game installation/Find installed game" for you ;)

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Tomorrow, UBI*bleep* will host a FC5 stream 8 PM (GMT+1). I might watch it, but I won't post anything related to it here. However, I know some of you might wonder why progress is saved for the host only:
Spoiler
The game employs a "resistance" system where you need to earn Resistance Points to progress/unlock weapons. There are 3 tiers per region when it comes to enemy aggression/presence. Having player A at max tier would put player B, who could be a newbie at a disadvantage/advantage. If those numbers where syncronized, Player B would be able to unlock everything, although he/she may not be able to survive the higher tier of Player A. Not being able to progress at your own leisure isn't the best way to experience a game either.

Loot is still earned/saved independently. I assume you could probably share weapons like in FC4, so player B could get access to Player A's items anyway.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, that should have been, "Steam *has* a backup utility". Stupid fingers not doing what my brain tells them to.

As long as Uplay can find a copied over version of the game files, and not have to download them all over again (like Steam does or used to anyway) then I should be fine. I'm going to install on a USB drive here at w0#k and then just copy those files over to my hard drive at home. That should w0#k.
D_B

Art Blade

steam doesn't do that anymore I think. I've got a new steam installation and only a few games are actually on that disk. There is however an older disk from my previous computer that does w0#k as a steam games backup.

First I started the download from the new steam installation, then aborted. Then I copied a matching folder from the backup. Then I started steam again. It simply finished the installation, without downloading anything.

LowPolyOWG

Preload for this game starts today at 23:00 UTC on Uplay/Steam and 25th March midnight on your local time on PS4/Xbox One :anigrin:

Tags:
🡱 🡳