FC5 teaser

Started by LowPolyOWG, May 22, 2017, 09:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Not going to pre-order again, either. It's usually not worth it. It's better to wait longer and get to read reviews and all and then take a pick if and when the game's on offer. I have enjoyed Hitman so much ever since I bought it when it was a bargain, got all the stuff at once and for half the price or less.  :bigsmile:

And indeed, quite early for a hype, reminds me of that No Man's Sky pre-release..

fragger

Quote from: nexor on June 02, 2017, 04:58:55 AM
Ok, Ok I get the message........ no more FC5 clips     :-X  :anigrin:

Sorry mate, I didn't mean it like that :anigrin:

BinnZ

I don't know gents, I will likely pre-order on great titles like RDR2 if it comes out on PC, but it has become a dogma to never pre-order a UBI*bleep* game again. UBI*bleep*, if ever, will most likely a bargain bin buy. I was very close to buying GRW but Art warned me that the story is the Hoorah-type of soldier story you don't want to become part of. So no, no wildlands for me. This FC5 somehow still feels attracting, but I will be careful. I will definitely wait for some good reviews over here before I jump in.  ;)
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

regarding GRW, I watched an entire play-through so I can actually say something about that game. Hehe, I did not use that expression ("hoorah-type of soldier" :anigrin: ) but it must have come across somewhat like that. What I said was how much I despised that female leader of the group particularly because of her lingo and wannabe macho impression. Also, I don't like how very shallow the story really is and how hollow the characters are. Much like FC3 but a lot worse. Unlike FC2 when we had plenty of interesting background. FC4 was quite good, too, with regard to the story and characters involved. GRW is certainly a game that offers a lot of "tools" that make playing it fun, the game mechanics seem to be quite cool, too, but geez, having to cope with that background nonsense and that woman all the time put me on edge just watching and listening to it, enough to really put me off.

nex

Respect is earned, not given.

LowPolyOWG

UBI*bleep**bleep* will have their E3 conference next week (12. June) :) I wonder how FC5 will be presented
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

Should be interesting  :thumbsup:

LowPolyOWG

Dweller_Benthos

hmmm.... so active allies the help out during the game? Depends how well they help out, I guess. And don't get in the way all the time. And actually do something productive. And how well they follow orders, can go where you want them to go without getting stuck, etc...
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

I just hate it when I aim at an enemy, while pulling the trigger, some "friendly" AI decides to walk right in front of me into the bullet. Collateral on my side, laughing and escaping enemy on the other side.

LowPolyOWG

I wonder what UBI*bleep**bleep* have done to FC5 when it comes to mission structure/open world exploration.

Just curious, did we change Ubisoft to read UBI*bleep*.s.h.i.t (without the dots)? Considering the *bleep* :huh-new:

Art Blade

no, it's a swearword just like the dotted one  :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on June 13, 2017, 08:54:30 AM
I just hate it when I aim at an enemy, while pulling the trigger, some "friendly" AI decides to walk right in front of me into the bullet.

Yeah, especially when the other friendlies decide that you've turned against them and they all start shooting at you :banghead:

Dweller_Benthos

I'm hoping they either do it right so during open world exploration that friends are easily commanded and stay put so you can look around, or you do open world stuff solo and only have friends come along on more compact missions, like the one seen in the video, you can choose who to bring to rescue those hostages, it's a fairly confined space and specific setup so you can control the situation better. Most open world action is a bit too chaotic for the AI in games to deal with. Though in Fallout 4, the companions for the most part performed OK, and if you shoot them by accident (and accident meaning they walked in front of you while you are firing full auto from a machine gun) they don't get mad and other allies don't get mad either.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳