FC5 teaser

Started by LowPolyOWG, May 22, 2017, 09:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I noticed the same thing, Fragger, and thought that would be a cool concept to bring back from FC2 after it being gone from the latest two games.

I really hope they don't bring back the north/south map split concept, I want to explore the whole map out of the gate.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

LowPolyOWG

FC5 developer commentary
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

nex

Getting better all the time  :thumbsup:

Respect is earned, not given.

Dweller_Benthos

I'll have to watch that later when I get a chance, looks cool.
D_B

PZ

They might just bring back the buddy revive feature - Wildlands has a feature that reminded me of the same thing - your squad can revive you one time when you are in a bad spot.

I also liked the day/night sleep feature in FC2 so you could do your mission at a time of the day that you choose.

Hopefully they will keep the map fully open like in Wildlands. In my ideal world, they will take all the best features of prior games and incorporate them into this version.

nex

Wishfull thinking PZ  :anigrin:
But then again, they might just surprise everyone..... ??? :-X
I also like the "buddy revive feature in Wildlands, they just forgot to give them brains.
Just don't go near any of the railway lines, I once had to revive all three of them, dumbasses got hit by a train  :banghead:

PZ

:laughsm:

I usually revive one of them and rely on that individual to revive the others  :gnehe:

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

I have experienced the same thing  :-X UNIDAD can also down them, which is a pain in the *bleep*... :banghead:

I like how I am the only one who can be detected by enemy AI. I guess the game would be too much of a hassle if your AI squad got detected every time you wanted to be stealthy...

Nex, I hope we can play together, my holiday begins the next weekend :anigrin:

nex

I'm not a serious player GKID, as I mentioned before, very seldom will you find me actually playing,
I'm in the game but it's on pause. Often I just roam around enjoying the landscape.
For me, playing the game online is like changing the whole perspective of the game and it
becomes more serious and then I don't enjoy it because I like playing at my own pace which is very much laid back.

Thanks but to be quite honest, you will find it extremely boring playing with me online  :undecided-new:

LowPolyOWG

I consider myself a little laid back too. Already completed the game so don't worry. I only care about having fun, rather than treating this as a simulation.

Still got some items to collect (kingslayer files) and my skill trees isn't maxed :-X

Dweller_Benthos

OK, got a chance to watch it, interesting. In the first clip it seems that the player vocalizations are female, so maybe you can choose gender?

In one of the other clips, the guy says something to the effect "We want you to be able to go anywhere, meet anyone, right away" so no north/south map split this time? yay

Seems this town is the only scenario made up so far, or at least in a playable condition. Whoever they have playing these demos, well, they suck at playing FPS games or are just being bad intentionally to show off various game mechanics. Or, you know, they are playing on a console with a controller, I mean might as well play with one hand cut off, right?

So a little bit of new info, and the allies you can have and how to command them seems well done, but the most interesting is the co-op play, which I guess was in FC4 but of course I never experienced that. Seems a friend can jump into your single player game and help you out? Wonder if that's only during battles, or taking over towns, etc, or you can just wander around the entire map getting into fun at any time?
D_B

PZ

In Wildlands if a friend joins your game then your AI helpers disappear and can give you all kinds of help finding weapons, etc. - maybe they will adopt that feature in this game if they are listening to the gamers preferences.  However, I'm a pessimist when it comes to games, so will be pleasantly surprised when the unimaginable happens, and will not be disappointed when the obvious occurs.

Dweller_Benthos

Not to mention, it is Ubisoft, right?
D_B

fragger

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on June 21, 2017, 07:56:22 AM
Whoever they have playing these demos, well, they suck at playing FPS games or are just being bad intentionally to show off various game mechanics.

I don't know why, but the players in these demos often seem to be terrible and I don't think it's to show off the mechanics - that would be better demonstrated by playing sensibly, I would imagine. It's more likely that they just stink at playing. They'll fire off a whole clip at a bad guy and manage to miss with every round, and the idea of shooting from cover is apparently something that doesn't occur to them. They'll just run straight at the bad guys spraying bullets with gay abandon while soaking up hits and hoping their health doesn't run out before their ammo does. Maybe they're impatient or impetuous by nature, or maybe they're just dumb. I sure wouldn't want them on my side in any kind of team game :huh-new:

I'm reminded of the time when Sean Murray was demonstrating No Man's Sky to some gaming reporter. Murray played for a bit while commenting, then handed the controller to the reporter. The first thing the reporter did was shoot the nearest animal ::) That's the mentality.

I think this is why some people get bored with games like the FC ones so quickly. They're too impatient to think anything through so they'll just rip straight in and subsequently get clobbered. And since they also play so badly, they get sick of being killed all the time. Then they'll blame the game for it, declare that it sucks and quit.

Tags:
🡱 🡳