FC5 teaser

Started by LowPolyOWG, May 22, 2017, 09:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

there will be only 10 lines of speech.

LowPolyOWG

:laughsm:

I guess the 30 GBs are probably just the campaign instead of the multiplayer/map editor component ;)
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

BinnZ

It's crazy actually... even Max Payne 3 is bigger, and that game is linear and dated as *bleep*. The new Hitman is double.
It really worries me that the game has such small size. But looking a bit deeper into game sizes, FC3 was only 8GB when you skipped the editor. With editor it would be 20GB. We'll just have to see...
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

LowPolyOWG

163 MB day 1 patch  ??? Still can't launch the game, yet :banghead:

fragger

How much will you be allowed to tell us? I noticed there was a non-disclosure agreement mentioned in the email you showed us. Be careful you don't violate that, I don't want you to risk getting into trouble with UBI*bleep* or have your membership with them cancelled or something.

LowPolyOWG

That was for the closed multiplayer beta mode only  ;) I can't tell anything from the Arcade test I participated in two weeks earlier.

Dweller_Benthos

Looking at the files I just got done downloading here at w0#k, I think it's still just an install package, not the upacked files. Looks like it would just barely cram onto a blu-ray disc. So, after the "day one" data gets downloaded, it will have to install on the hard drive, and I expect it will inflate quite a bit. But, I could be guessing that wrong, and it deflates the files "on the fly" while playing the game.

Interesting though, that what appears to be the audio file, "farcry5_english.dat" (you can select other languages to download when you install) is over 2GB in size, but "farcry5_english_feminine.dat", which I presume is for those who pick a female player character, is zero bytes. So either that will be part of the day one patch or it will get extracted on install.

Release day is tomorrow, correct? I don't think I'll bother taking the drive home until then, after it's been fully updated.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

LowPolyOWG

It's 23:00 UTC. So it translates to 9 PM in some US states and 01:00 Norwegian time here. So basically, midnight launch :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

23:00 UTC today? That's 7 PM for me. If I knew for sure how big the update download was going to be, I'd try it tonight.
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Will try it tomorrow. Btw, people who has the game now, are already playing it... Time zones  :'( :'(

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I don't get the whole time zone thing really. Should be a single world wide release based on GMT or something. That way just because you live in one area, you don't get to play it earlier.
D_B

fragger

I'm gonna have to wait a while before I get the game anyway. My car registration and insurance is coming up soon which is going to set me back a bit, and being unemployed as I am, and the car being the necessity it is given where I live, I'll have to watch the pennies for a bit. Probably be another month or so for me. That's cool though, plenty of time for me to read other peoples' impressions and reviews.

I'm still not 100% sold on the game yet. I've read some early reviews-in-progress and that dirty word "micro-transactions" has come up (is that one word or two?) There are reports that if you want the very best weapons/gear, you will have to pay extra for it - real money, that is. I stress this is unsubstantiated, but if it is the case, I hope there is some other grindier way to get those things in the game as it is and that micro-transactions exist just for those who want to get them sooner. If UBI*bleep* goes the M-T way and makes some things off-limits unless you pay even more, I don't think I want to know about it.

Things like that should be in the form of DLC, and I guess in a way it is, but it's kind of rude. I don't mind purchasable DLC as long as there is a decent amount of content, like a whole new map area and a good dollop of extra goodies (such as the Far Harbor and Nuka-World add-ons for FO4, or the two generous expansion packs for Civ V), but paying extra for just a weapon or two and/or a couple of skins or something is lousy. They should be in the game already, or be available via collecting UBI*bleep* points or whatever they're called, like they did with FC4.

LowPolyOWG

I see. Well, the game just unlocked for me :anigrin: But it's 00:15 as I type this and I need to collect my Father Edition from GameStop tomorrow. So no gaming for me at the moment :banghead:

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I saw that it would unlock for me at one minute past midnight, but didn't want to stay up that late, being I have to be here at w0#k at 7:30 AM, so I just updated and ran it here, and guess what? Norton doesn't like it:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Apparently not enough gamers run Norton to have reported the EXE as OK yet, lol. People say bad things about Norton, but here at w0#k at least, it's saved our bacon a few times from some of the dummies that w0#k here that open Java JAR files that someone with a shaky e-mail address sends us randomly.

Anyway, it doesn't look like it downloaded much of an update, if any, and installed or checked for Direct X, Direct 3D and .NET installs. So I think I'll be good to go when I get home tonight. Though I just started the new DLC for Wolfenstein II so maybe I'll finish that first.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳