FC5 teaser

Started by LowPolyOWG, May 22, 2017, 09:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BinnZ

UBI*bleep* is making it hard for me getting this game. I can already pay $90,- for a complete game at the start, this is getting normal already. I hate that mentality. I already missed FC4 and FC Primal, so I might as well miss this one too >:(

I recently saw a documentary about doomsday preppers. These people are crazy. But very professional. Weird mentality, I think it's just a lack of reference in those poorly populated states :huh-new:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

I keep seeing games that comprise several components. Usually something like: pay the base game, €60, pay season pass, €30, so €90 total. Or you start with the base game, buy the DLC separately and and up paying over €100. Ridiculous.

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

And the DLC is usually two pretty decent ones, and 2 or 3 so-so ones, but if you buy the two decent ones by themselves, they cost nearly as much as the season pass (or even a little more) so you might as well buy the season pass.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

LowPolyOWG

I'm curious if UBI*bleep* will support PS4 Pro and the new Xbox Scorpio. Would be very likely considering the release date of the game is in February next year

FC5 will most likely use upscaled 4K for PS4 Pro and native 4K for Xbox Scorpio. WD2 runs at 3200x1800p on the "new" PS4. Far Cry 5 might do the same. If UBI*bleep* push 4K@60 fps on Scorpio, that would be amazing.

nex

Respect is earned, not given.

Art Blade

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on May 31, 2017, 07:47:11 AMAnd the DLC is usually two pretty decent ones, and 2 or 3 so-so ones, but if you buy the two decent ones by themselves, they cost nearly as much as the season pass (or even a little more) so you might as well buy the season pass.

That sounds like FO4. Release date November 10, 2015

Let's say "a bunch" of DLC of which only two received positive reactions, and those two cost about the price of the season pass while the rest was received almost with anger, people felt ripped-off. And worse, pre-order season pass for that game did only cost €30 and later they raised it to €50..

base game €60
season pass €50
total €110

Instead of the season pass,
(base game €60)
DLC:
1 for free
3 that are *bleep*, €5 each = €15
1 so-so €10
1 excellent €25
1 almost excellent €20

(so only those two good ones combined cost €5 less than the whole season pass)

subtotal €70
total €130

source: steam store

Dweller_Benthos

Right, as far as the Fallout 4 DLC is concerned, I'm glad I got it at the $30 price.
D_B

Art Blade

deffo  O0

Recently the base game was on sale, yet you'd have had to pay full for the DLC or season pass. Just great.

fragger

I'm not going to look at any more FC5 stuff until it's close to release, like early next year. I don't want to see so much of it that there is no novelty left by the time it comes out - if there is any novelty. I think they're already hyping it too much, and there's still almost nine months to go before release. I'm not going to pre-order it either. One, I prefer to wait until after release and get a general consensus of what the reviewers and the gaming community say about it, and two, I think pre-ordering games is allowing devs to get away with too many sneaky shenanigans. I regretted pre-ordering No Man's Sky and swore I would never fall into that trap again. I also object to pre-ordering on principle. If folks were to boycott pre-ordering, it might force devs to clean up their acts a bit. As it is, pre-ordering tends to make them complacent and only further encourages them to release broken games, then fall back on patches to fix them. But I'm sure plenty of people will pre-order it just the same.

LowPolyOWG

:thumbsup: I am on the same boat, fragger. I only bought GRW after watching PZ's gameplay of it :)

nex

Ok, Ok I get the message........ no more FC5 clips     :-X  :anigrin:
Respect is earned, not given.

PZ

Although I'm like you gents, and will likely never pre-order again, you might as well post what you find nex.  I still like reading the stories and watching the videos, especially anything with real game play.  :gnehe:

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I doubt very much I'll pre-order, my question is if/when to get the season pass. But yeah, time enough to decide that after New Year's, right?
D_B

PZ

Should be  O0

I don't get the season passes either - mostly I am thankful I did not waste my money because there has been very little in the DLC of any game in a long time that interested me.

Tags:
🡱 🡳