Far Cry 5 always night time bug

Started by PZ, April 12, 2018, 02:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

The problem is the game staying in perpetual night time making it difficult to see in all instances, and almost impossible to see in other places. This is a problem that affects all platforms, but not everyone. No one is sure how one becomes affected, and the problem has been reported and admitted by UBI*bleep*, but no fix yet. The latest patch evidently did not address this issue.

I'll put the game away until a fix is found.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/224653/20180408/far-cry-5-glitch-makes-the-game-always-night-heres-how-to-fix-it.htm

LowPolyOWG

Weird, I captured an outpost and got daylight back again :huh-new:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

There does not seem to be a common "fix", and I think it is random when the proper cycle comes back to normal.

Interestingly, UBI*bleep*'s last patch fixed the bug that made it difficult to do in game purchases, but they cannot find a fix for this night glitch. I don't know why they do not incorporate a location where you could sleep it off so to speak like the beds in FC2, or even simpler, hold a button to advance the time by 12 hours like in Origins. Seems like such a simple fix, but they are so bad at support they cannot do it.

LowPolyOWG

I think screwing up someone's bank account is worse legally. Yeah, they could probably fix that, but since it applies to all platforms and game devs have to patch towards a specific OS version, they could end up breaking more things :banghead:

They could, but that element of gameplay appears to be a feature of survival games most of the time ::) I guess UBI*bleep* deleted that function from Dunia 2. Re-adding some code that used to w0#k will NOT necessarily be bug free ::)

PZ

Well, UBI*bleep* finally released patch 1.05, today which fixes lots of things including the night glitch.

I'm now able to play regular day night cycles.

Dweller_Benthos

Is that what that 1.5GB was? I had to put it in offline mode last night to be able to play. Grabbed the update today at w0#k.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Yeah, that was part of it - here's the entire list:

https://forums.UBI*bleep*.com/showthread.php/1875657-Patch-Notes-Title-Update-5

Now I'd like to see Game+ as an option, especially if you can skip the mission progression foolishness - there is quite a bit of talk about it on the UBI*bleep* forums.

LowPolyOWG

If you are going to post UBI*bleep* links, the censor breaks it :-X

Art Blade

PZ

LowPolyOWG

Anyway, the new update added a RPS. Yes, you read it right. Rocket Propelled Shovel :anigrin: :laughsm:

PZ

Art Blade

I know that you have been able to throw shovels and baseball bats and the likes. I suppose it gives a shovel-throw a significant boost. :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

remember I posted a YouTube link in response to Binnatics's comment on the wingsuit? The guy who uploaded the vid, BigMooney, has always been fond of throwing a shovel at people when playing Hitman. When he started with FC5 and found a shovel, he was delighted and has been using it as his preferred weapon ever since :anigrin:

Tags:
🡱 🡳