Anyone know who "qqlonutz" on Uplay is?

Started by Dweller_Benthos, April 12, 2018, 08:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

maybe UBI*bleep* thinks you need some friends because you don't know anyone (except us)

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

nex

Quote from: Art Blade on April 16, 2018, 11:50:11 AM
maybe UBI*bleep* thinks you need some friends because you don't know anyone (except us)

I can lend you a baseball bat D_B
Respect is earned, not given.

Art Blade

just to clarify: my comment was only directed against UBI*bleep*. Referring to D_B who doesn't put people on his list he doesn't know, and those on his list are likely from OWG. So my joke meant: if UBI*bleep* only sees the few people on his list, they might be trying to make him fill it to the brim with people UBI*bleep* thinks could interest him. I'm not saying he doesn't have any or too few friends.

I'd take that baseball bat and swing it at UBI*bleep* because of those friend recommendations, for unwanted intrusion.

fragger

I think there are people who just get some kind of kick out of amassing as many "friends" as they can. They probably try to do the same thing on Facebook. It's kind of pathetic when you think about it. It's like, "Look how popular I am, I have hundreds of friends! I don't know any of them from a block of wood, but look how many there are!" Dear oh dear...

nex

Respect is earned, not given.

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

lol, no problem, Art! It was funny and I got it. But yeah, at least the "recommended friends" list is just a link to click on, and there's no other notification for it, so if you don't click on it, there's nothing to bother you. I was curious as to what it was and expanded the list just to see who was in there. I think it's populated by people who are on a server when you play multiplayer. I tried that briefly to see what was going on and didn't really find much to interest me as it's just another team deathmatch kind of thing. So the recommended list is probably just those people, in case you want to keep track of them if you found someone who you might actually want to play with again.

Not a bad feature, just not anything I'd likely use.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳