History of the English language (documentary)

Started by Art Blade, May 13, 2018, 07:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

A nicely done documentary composed of seven parts. Unfortunately there is no playlist (edit: yes there is, link edited into this post) but YouTube will find the sequels when auto-playing. Simply put: it is very interesting. Probably equally interesting for anybody who speaks English no matter whether as a foreign language or as their native tongue. :)

Playlist 7 parts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UqzBA1LNbE&index=1&list=PLHzvYltPyWa-TPD3kKRGvG97wBHuUqVYo
Part 8

PZ

This looks like an interesting series - how language, and even individual words come into being is fascinating.

On my list  O0

Art Blade

it's from 2002 (which doesn't matter regarding the history of the language, nothing much has changed since 2002) and it's so refreshingly old school. No silly graphics, no over-the-top stuff, it's simply facts and presented in a compact way. I really enjoy this series. :)

Art Blade

I just found a playlist of this series with 7 parts, the 8th video was deleted for unknown reasons. However, I found the missing part 8, and I've just edited the first post. :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳