Gaming Rigs / PC Specs

Started by Art Blade, May 12, 2018, 07:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

We need to continue here what we started there. :anigrin:
Quote from: Art Blade on January 02, 2016, 01:39:11 PM
My old rig croaked so today I bought a new one.

lots of air intakes and big fans.. and some more stuff.  :-()

+ 130 GB SSD from my old rig
+ 1 TB HD from my old rig

MidiTower CM Storm Trooper Black
730 Watt Thermaltake Smart SE
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK S
Intel® Core i7-4790K 4x 4,000MHz Socket 1150 Haswell
16GB G.Skill Kit DDR3-RAM (2x 8GB DDR3-1600)
2,000GB HDD S-ATA III 64MB Cache
256GB SSD
Blu-ray/CD/DVD-ReWriter Drive (Blu-ray/DVD+/-R/RW, Dual Layer)
ZOTAC 4GB nVidia GeForce GTX 980 AMP! PCIe 3.0 DVI, HDMI, 2x miniDP
Realtek ALC1150 7.1 Channel
4x USB 2.0, 4x USB 3.0, 2x Gbit LAN, HDMI, Display Port 1.2, Audio Surround/SPDIF
Corsair Hydro H100i GTX CPU water cooling

Benchmark Result 15232 (3D Mark 2011)
Dimensions: 250mm x 605.6mm x 578.5mm

Paid 1,850 €

Today I had to replace my 27" widescreen monitor because it kept switching itself off after a couple of hours of inactivity and then wouldn't recognise the signal, or more precise, could't keep the connection. It would flick on, I could see the entire desktop for half a second, then it would switch itself off. Sometimes it would be an endless loop of on/off. Wasn't windows, I checked with a different spare monitor which worked. Only it was a *bleep* monitor.

Alright, so today I bought a massive 32" widescreen :anigrin: Looking good. :)

LowPolyOWG

:anigrin: O0

CPU upgrade next year? Anyway, what monitor brand did you buy? Does it have G-sync? 144 Hz refresh rate?
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

Maybe. Philips. I don't think so. No.

:anigrin: It's a 323E7Q for 250 €

LowPolyOWG

Google gave me this ;) I have a 24 inch 1080p 144Hz Philips screen too. Doesn't have an IPS panel. Nice specs for the price O0

Art Blade

you found the right one, that's the one, the physical version of which I'm looking at right now :anigrin: Very nice crisp picture. :bigsmile:

LowPolyOWG

mandru

Art that looks like a good solid build. :thumbsup:

With our cramped apartment I'd need to add another whole room to house enough desktop space for a 32in - wide format monitor.  ;)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

cheers, already over two years old this rig ??? Still up and running nicely.

And yes, this 32" widescreen monitor is big, alright :anigrin:

I've got a desk meant for PC use. Not those that you get these days when looking for a "PC desk" which look like a tool box on swivel castors, something you could hide behind a toilet, no, a real, classic desk with a door to the left and three drawers to the right. I actually designed that desk myself and then had it custom-built because you can't get them like that anymore, at least not easily, and not for a reasonable amount of money.

It hosts the PC tower on the left (on the desktop) followed by a subwoofer, the left front speaker, then the monitor, and the right front speaker. Keyboard and mouse mat in front of the monitor. In the summer time (now) I also got a desk fan for a little breeze on the right. I had it made so I could clamp a steering wheel to the front centre of the desktop without anything obstructing that, like for instance stupid lips or ledges or a centre drawer. It's all good mow  O0

PZ

mandru

Quote from: Art Blade on May 12, 2018, 02:36:53 PM
...It's all good mow  O0

Yeah, with this new rig you can "mow" through the current games as well as any new games that pop up.  ;)
- mandru

Art Blade

Hehe "mow"  :D :thumbsup:

However, mandru, the rig is from 2016 (see the date of the quote) so it's not a new rig. But the monitor is new :)

mandru

- mandru

Art Blade

actually, I just gave you a +1 :thumbsup: for catching me red-handed with a typo and making fun of it. I've been doing things like that with others for a long time, so I've deserved the same treatment :anigrin:

I'll never forget D_B catching me long ago and making fun of it, it was bowels instead of bowls.

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on April 21, 2009, 08:04:40 AM

Quote from: Art Blade on April 20, 2009, 12:48:22 PM
yummy. You know what? In my office, a couple of days ago, when I remembered the story I posted here, I searched my inbox and found it. While I was reading it, a workmate came by with TWO bowels filled with different coffee beans (chocolate covered and those that have a soft chocolate coat covered with cocoa). I looked at her and those bowels and started laughing... even more, when I looked her in the face -- she was so completely clueless what was going on with me  ;D ;D ;D

edited typos

That sounds like pretty personal information to be sharing, and unhealthy as well. lol.

LowPolyOWG

I noticed the typo too. I couldn't come up with a joke  :-X

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳