Gaming Rigs / PC Specs

Started by Art Blade, May 12, 2018, 07:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on June 15, 2021, 08:09:47 AM
Yeah I mean there are vehicles with video players in the back seat ...

Same here - that kind of activity reminds me of National Lampoon's Vacation - parents doing most anything to keep their kids entertained. With my kids I would just threaten to throw them into the back of the pickup truck if they didn't behave. It had a camper top of course.  :gnehe:

Dweller_Benthos

Actually there are quite a few vehicles that aren't chauffeur driven that have video screens in the back for exactly the reason PZ mentions, keeping the kiddos quiet on long trips. Usually they are built into the back of the front seats and have headphones. You can also get after market headrest replacements for not too much, so it's not a super luxury item anymore:

https://www.amazon.com/Glamsville-Universal-Headrest-Entertainment-Multimedia/dp/B082HFJ3BF/ref=asc_df_B082HFJ3BF/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=507931394313&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8823339287489429859&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9004727&hvtargid=pla-1330441442077&psc=1
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

What is this, buying a DVD player so the kids stay silent?

You gag and hogtie them.

Art Blade

:bigsmile:
and indeed, it did remind me of those airliner mini-screens.

Dweller_Benthos

Well, Elon is putting a full gaming rig and large screen in Tesla cars now, so once they get that self-driving thing down, you can just play games while the car takes you where you're going.
D_B

Art Blade

when Tesla builds buses like that, we can finally have LAN-parties again!

PZ

Dweller_Benthos

D_B

LowPolyOWG

Ordered some of that fancy GSkill RAM. Yeah, €720 kinda expensive, but with prices rising, better get things early. In just 4 days, it rose up from €680 to its current price :-X  Looking around, prices are going to increase further in Q3 2021... If you wonder about the specs, it's CL14-14-14-34, 3600 MHz B-die kit. 4x8 GB, gonna fill up those RAM slots  :gnehe:

Another thing, I bought a Blue Yeti X USB microphone :bigsmile:  Retails for €200, but got it discounted for €150. Great voice quality.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Yeah, it is :bigsmile:

I have noticed miners/scalpers are slashing down their prices on Ebay, with many RTX 3080s going on sale. It's usually above MSRP, but July will be a good month for gamers looking for current gen GPUs

PZ

Good that you can save a few Euros on the equipment you need  O0

LowPolyOWG

Yeah. Wish I could say the same for RAM prices :'( A GSKill Trident Z Gold kit has risen on an average by €100 here... Now, there are less bling bling looking RAM sticks available with the same speeds, but considering Q3 price hikes incoming, it may get worse.

Also, thanks to Art, I adjusted some of the EQ voice settings on my Yeti X.  O0

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳