Gaming Rigs / PC Specs

Started by Art Blade, May 12, 2018, 07:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

As usual, Samsung can't get it right. All kind of firmware bugs :banghead: Eh, I think I'll go for my dual monitor thingy (1x 21:9 monitor and a standard 1440p 144Hz for my Xbox Fridge X). Nice, RTX 3080 Tis are arriving in stock here. Downside is the $2100 retail price  :banghead:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

Dual monitors is definitely a safer way to go  :thumbsup:

Dweller_Benthos

Just get a really big monitor and use it for wide screen lol

"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

That's some impressive technology!

LowPolyOWG

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-27-gaming-monitor-s2721dgf/apd/210-axeh/

Ordered this monitor last week. I sold my old rig/monitor, which recouped most of the costs. The new owner picked it up on Friday, so no gaming this weekend  :'( The prices on it have been a little weird, lowest point here in Norway was 4000 NOK (about the MSRP listed on Dell's site) during the summer months, only to bump up to 4800 NOK (+$100) and drop down to summer time price last week :)

Getting delivered on Monday, it was a distributor storage, so longer delivery time...

PZ

That'll be fun to use, and the price is very good too  :thumbsup:

Dweller_Benthos

Nice, basically the same specs as my LG, I know the higher resolution makes a huge difference even just in desktop stuff. Going to w0#k and looking at the 1080p I have there feels cramped.
D_B

nex

I just replaced my pc's i5-3570K Quad-Core 3.4 GHz cpu with the i7-3770 Quad-Core 3.4 GHz cpu,
unfortunately I couldn't get the 3770K, but this one will do, will keep my pc going for a few more years
Respect is earned, not given.

PZ

:thumbsup:

I like your new cooking avatar nex!

nex

Thanks PZ, with power outages so often some wisecrack thought it out as a stab at the
government's inability in solving the country's electrical issues.
We call it a slow cooker
Respect is earned, not given.

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: nex on October 21, 2021, 09:19:18 AM
I just replaced my pc's i5-3570K Quad-Core 3.4 GHz cpu with the i7-3770 Quad-Core 3.4 GHz cpu,
unfortunately I couldn't get the 3770K, but this one will do, will keep my pc going for a few more years

Only difference is the ability to overclock. After the release of AMD Ryzen, I think Intel have stopped making non-K versions. Anyway, the Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO have been delayed to near the end of the year  :'( GPU availability is still trash and it doesn't help when Nvidia supposedly is holding back GPU shipments for the next quarter, as they might temporarily halt production next quarter :banghead:

I contacted Lian Li if they have any info on launch day colour options on the EVO. Thinking going white this time :)

PZ

Quote from: nex on October 22, 2021, 05:09:34 PM
Thanks PZ, with power outages so often some wisecrack thought it out as a stab at the
government's inability in solving the country's electrical issues.
We call it a slow cooker

Similar in our neck of the woods, nex. There is never before seen weather conditions with in some cases hundreds of thousands of people without power as we head into the cold season. I'm going to invest in a whole house generator so the impact on my family is as little as possible.

Dweller_Benthos

I'll never regret getting a generator for the house. Just yesterday the power was off when I got home, I knew something was up when I met three power company trucks on my road. But getting home, the generator was running, it comes on automatically, and I went about getting dinner ready while watching the news then went to gaming on the PC without a care. The power came on about an hour after I got home, which was about 4-5 hours after it went off, so it wouldn't have effected me very much, but it was nice to not have to worry about it at all.
D_B

PZ

Which generator brand did you get and what fuel does it use?

I'm on propane because I live out in the woods, and will likely need to install another tank. I'm also on a well that requires 220V, which I think should be okay for me. I'm thinking a Generac 18K t0 25K depending on what the Costco folks tell me I need for full house coverage.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah mine's a Generac propane 14KW and it runs the house, the guy who installed it said if I'm running the clothes dryer to not have too much else running at the same time, but I don't worry about that too much, I run the dryer once a week maybe. But the well is also 220 and along with everything else I've never had a problem. The only thing I wish I'd done is spend the extra to install it further from the house. It's noisy when running and at night while I'm trying to sleep it can be bothersome. But I let the guy talk me out of it because of the expense and I think he didn't want to run the extra wire and gas line out that much further. I should have went with my gut and had it installed on the other side of the house next to the garage which would have been away from the bedrooms. It's essentially as loud as a good sized gasoline lawn mower so keep that in mind when you pick a place to install it. You may be limited by how your house is configured and how the wiring needs to be done, but in my opinion, spending the extra to have it in a place where the noise won't be an issue is worth the cost.

And to keep this thread on topic, time to upgrade again!

D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳