Gaming Rigs / PC Specs

Started by Art Blade, May 12, 2018, 07:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Sorry to keep this off topic, but thanks so much for the generator information!  :thumbsup: Especially useful is the data about the noise, so I'm taking your advice to move the generator further from the house because we enjoy our quiet environment. I don't care about the cost that much because you can't take it with you, right!

Dweller_Benthos

No problem, glad to help! For sure, I'd even think about building a small barrier or wall around it (should not be enclosed though, it has an exhaust like any other engine) with some sound proofing in it, just to muffle it more.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Right now I'm using a Honda 7k portable generator, and it will do all the basics (except water). However I'd like to be a bit more automated like your setup.  O0

Dweller_Benthos

Yep it just comes on when the power is off for more than thirty seconds and goes off when it's restored. No hassle.
D_B

PZ

I'm definitely looking forward to it, but the installer guys now say that it will likely be as far away as March 2022 before the generators become available  :'(

LowPolyOWG

Lian Li estimates my computer case will be a mid-December pre-order launch :anigrin:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

Launch, yes, but delivery? Next summer. Maybe.
D_B

LowPolyOWG

:laughsm:

Considering the state of the world, you're not wrong  :anigrin:

PZ

Truly likely with anything that is popular or something the average user does  not purchase all that often. However, you never really know  - I can't get my generator until next year, but I just purchased a Garmin GPS watch for my wife and it was on my doorstep the next day.

LowPolyOWG

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

New screenies released. Here's the white edition. Gonna buy that for sure  :bigsmile: MSRP is 159.99 USD/140 euros (about 1500-1600 Norwegian kroner)

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Black, but in reversed configuration

Dweller_Benthos

That's a wide boi for sure, lots of room in there. I'd get the reversed though since my desk is configured that way, my current system has the window on the "normal" side, but that side is facing the desk so it's pointless, you can't see in it. I really should have given more thought to the case when I made the new system, instead of just "eh, that looks OK" and that was it. I'd really have liked some front drive bays even though they are out of fashion these days, because now I have to use external things like a memory card reader and optical drive (yes I still use discs now and then).
D_B

LowPolyOWG

I see  O0

Will see how I will build in it, gotta buy it first and hope it will survive international shipping  :-X

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah hopefully it's packed well enough and if the side panel is glass, well cushioned.
D_B

LowPolyOWG

I ordered two 3-packs of AL120s yesterday. Expected delivery on Monday 22nd. Lian Li haven't announced any pre-order date for the EVO itself, but I'd rather get some parts ready before building it  :)

Dweller_Benthos

D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳