Gaming Rigs / PC Specs

Started by Art Blade, May 12, 2018, 07:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Was just watching a video on how Nvidia is now charging 50-60% more for the lowest tier GPU than what something equivalent would have cost 5-7 years ago, even compensating for inflation and the fact that the new low tier GPU is much better than what you could get 5-7 years ago. they have found that they can put pretty much any price on stuff now and people will pay it.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

• Similarly the oil industry is already threatening stiff fuel price increases for the summer.
  • The other day I was checking prices to downsize my one-ton diesel RAM 3500 to a smaller version, a RAM 1500 and the price was a whopping $97,000
  • I also want to downsize my RV, but literally nothing decent is available in my area

They may think people will pay anything, but that is not the case for guys like me. I'll wait until there is a glut of vehicles, then make a purchase

Dweller_Benthos

It will end eventually, or I hope so. It may take a while for things to settle and re-organize, but here's hoping it does anyway.
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Apparently, Caseking shipped my case on Wednesday. Thanks to express shipping, door delivery, but sucks when Posten isn't doing deliveries today  :banghead: The parcel left Karmsund today and in hindsight, should have chosen delivery to the post office prior to that. Anyway, it will be delivered on monday. Surprisingly, it was not processed through customs. Probably comes down to me chosing UPS Express Saver as shipping method.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

I was totally surprised the other day when Fedex delivered a package to me on Sunday. I was mystified who is driving up my driveway on a Sunday morning and it just didn't register. And it was something I didn't even request special delivery for, just standard, so I guess they deliver on Sundays now?
D_B

PZ

I would imagine so - I have been receiving UPS deliveries on Sundays lately. It might just be catching up on the holiday backlog or something. Ideally that is now their policy

LowPolyOWG

On January 29th, my new rig booted up  :anigrin:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Entire album.

Cables are a mess, but I ordered some custom ones from cablemods.

White/Gold ones.  :anigrin: :anigrin:

The power of GPU undervolting. Went from 300W down to 200 at nearly the same clock speeds :bigsmile: :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

Man, those memory sticks have some serious sparkle on them, maybe that's what kept them from inserting properly the first time? LOL!
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Benchmarked my system in Cinebench 23R. Here's the multithreaded result after a 10 minutes run. :bigsmile:

Singlethreaded performance (10 minutes)

Dweller_Benthos

I've never run Cinebench, maybe one of these days. But that looks like pretty nice results.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳