Destiny 2 Open Beta

Started by LowPolyOWG, August 25, 2017, 01:25:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Bungie and Vicarious Visions are bringing D2 to PC this year. Being delayed until 24th October, there's a beta next week. Rumours suggest that the game isn't a port, but it is built together with the current consoles (PS4/Xbox One). Great for game devs, x86 have been the standard for like 40+ years for software developers.

Even UBI*bleep**bleep**bleep**bleep**bleep* have stopped porting games.

Back to point: The Beta (technically a demo) will start on the 28th for people that pre-ordered. Otherwise, it will start on the 29th for everyone else. Beta ends at the 31st, but there are rumours going around that the beta might get extended through the weekend. If that's the case, I can test the game with a Ryzen CPU :gnehe:

No, it's not available on Steam, but rather ATVI-Blizzard's own Battle.net client. You might need a Bungie.net account, but you can use your Blizzard app account to register. The Bungie.net page is necessary to join a clan. It's Bungie's equivalent to Rockstar's Social Club.

As with any non-Steam game, add it to your Steam library through the "Add a game not from Steam" option :bigsmile: Oh, I created a clan called Open World Games so feel free to join, if you get the game :)

Specs:

Minimum:

• OS: Windows® 7 / Windows® 8 / Windows® 10 64-bit (latest Service Pack)
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i3 3250 or AMD FX-4350
  • GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 or ATI Radeon™ HD 7850
  • System Memory: 6 GB RAM

Recommended:

• OS: Windows® 7 / Windows® 8 / Windows® 10 64-bit (latest Service Pack)
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i5 2400 or AMD Ryzen R5 1600X or better
  • GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 970 or AMD Radeon™ R9 390 or better
  • System Memory: 8 GB RAM
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Tags:
🡱 🡳