Fallout 76

Started by fragger, June 11, 2018, 04:19:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

They did the same with Skyrim and other games they have patched. The community does a better job than them ::)
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

because they do care and they want it fixed. Shows what Bethesda is lacking.

LowPolyOWG

Yep. Also, it tells you something about their engine, which "just works" at this point. Some people suggested Bethesda didn't used the latest build to merge the patch. They developed it from an older build of the game. It's quite incompetent, isn't it? I have seen the game go low as $10 from some resellers.

The day modders fixes this game, it will be a great day.

Art Blade

yeah, I read it in the thread you linked to

LowPolyOWG

from r/fo76
Guess what? None of them appears to be fixed/adressed by Bugthesda :angry-new:

Art Blade

I kept reading up to the point that I'm about to quote, at that point I thought it already took some time reading, let's see how much there is, still. What I'd read so far turned out to be roughly the top part of the post.. too much left to actually want to continue reading.

Read this, if you haven't yet, it's very alarming.

"Multiple Tasks:

When the game process is unexpectedly ended, usually as a result of a CTD or Alt-F4, there will often be one or more extra processes running in the background that eat up significant resources, but are not actually an open game instance. Up to 6 additional instances of FO76 have been observed running, identified after game FPS were reduced to single digits. The Average FPS loss when one of the Background tasks is open is about 15 FPS. Additional multiple users have reported the Voice Chat being "Live" after a CTD and they didn't log back in, reporting friends hearing their conversations. Still a reported issue."

That's almost as bad as Apple's most recent problem with "face time," an app that allows you to call someone's mobile and listen to what's going on there without them having accepted your call let alone being aware of you calling them.

LowPolyOWG

Yeah, it was quite extensive... Think I didn't bothered to read that part thoroughly.

LowPolyOWG

Despite the harsh critism the game have been within, they are slowly turning into a game. However, that's a typical AAA live service. Create content over the development. Scrap said content/story in a year and make a barebone experience. Then have people pay for the cut content... Or drip feed it over time... I am unsure what Bugthesda wanted with this, as scrapping anything that worked for them earlier and release something like this was a "cool" move to ruin their reputation for awhile. People will now jump the typical train of "it was bad at launch, but look, it's great now". Sadly, this type of behaviour encourage publishers to release barebone products and fix them later :angry-new:

from r/fo76

;

Art Blade

at least they're doing something

LowPolyOWG

Yep. Better than doing nothing :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

hmmmm I wonder what the survival mode is? I'd still like to get this game if it ever becomes something more like the single player games.

This might be relevant.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

fragger

The patch list included this:

"Player Reporting: We've added a player reporting system to the Social Menu that you can use to report other players for a variety of inappropriate or negative behaviors".

That doesn't exactly entice me.

Art Blade

yeah, "reporting," pfff.. I too miss something that might convince me.. like an option to have someone properly slapped with a rather large trout while also reporting them.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah that system could never be abused just to troll someone, nope.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳