Fallout 76

Started by fragger, June 11, 2018, 04:19:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

It also got a Battle Royale mode aswell ::)
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

fragger

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on June 15, 2019, 04:31:49 AM
Apparently Fallout 76 has been free to play this past week, you still have until tomorrow I guess.

Yeah, saw that, can't be arsed :anigrin:

Art Blade

Art Blade

Art Blade

about the above vid.. I feel the pain. No chance I'd take that game even if it was for free.

fragger

I watched about half. Looks like a pretty dull and uninteresting game.

Art Blade

I watched it almost to the end but the result is the same as yours :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

That video seems to be yelling and screaming over random clips from the game? I didn't get 5 minutes in.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

it was like mocking Bethesda a bit, then three attempts to get the game started (first two times it crashed and he had to re-create his character three times..) and a little later they actually start to play together. That's when we get the impression that the game still looks empty and boring and the "story" is listening to very lengthy audio tapes or reading messages from computer monitors.

*YAWN*

:banghead:

Dweller_Benthos

Ah I see, yeah that would be frustrating, I would probably yell a lot too. If they had it on Steam when it was free I would have tried it, but I'm not going to install another game launcher just for that.
D_B

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

Bethesda.. we used to love their games despite the countless bugs but it is becoming more and more obvious that at least since their release of FO76 they're nothing more than a sorry excuse for a developer studio. Greed as top priority, quality as last. How despicable.

Dweller_Benthos

So was it a thing that didn't get finished and they figured they'd put it in later, only to have some brilliant person realize they could charge money for it? Really beginning to look like it was a good idea to give this one a pass. Hard to think that this is the same developer who came up with Fallout 3 & 4, too bad really.

I hear Outer Worlds is looking good though the combat is a bit meh. But that is Obsidian, who made New Vegas and not Bethesda of course.
D_B

fragger

Yep, I'm glad I passed on this one. Dumb decisions being made all round, by the sound of it. They should have put their time and energies into developing a SP FO5 without microtransactions and all that guff. I probably would've bought it.

Tags:
🡱 🡳