Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Started by LowPolyOWG, June 01, 2018, 09:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Assassin's Creed Odyssey coming in 2019. At least it's on a two year dev cycle rather than a 1 year one :) Best would be 4-5 years, a la GTA V. But sadly, Ubification... ::)

edit: I fixed the link /Art
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

I like the idea that it is like Origins, but am a bit dismayed if, as the screen shots indicate, there will be plenty of naval warfare. The naval stuff I did not like in Black Flag, and it was one of the parts I got through as quickly as possible in Origins.

Art Blade

if you don't want to go by ship, aeroplanes haven't yet been invented, you may need to teach your horse how to cross oceans swimming, with you riding on its back. Might take a while. Unless some massive sharks value their own hunger more than your plans of horse-swimming across their dinner table. :gnehe:

PZ

:D

My horse will throw me off his back as soon as the water reaches his ankles  :gnehe:

LowPolyOWG

AC:O(dyssey) will go full RPG this time.

PZ

Man, that sounds really interesting  :thumbsup:

Definitely on my list

LowPolyOWG

I expect more boss like enemies this time, if you want the best gear. As it appears everything will now have attributes that will affect your abilities to deal damage etc. They could go down the Division route and have gear sets. Now, it's completely up to you, whether you want to do stuff like that ;)

PZ

As long as you have the option to avoid boss missions like in Origins, I do not worry about that "feature". Having boss missions tied to gear is not a bad idea - that allows the boss junkies to strive toward a bragging goal while not hamstringing gamers that don't like the off the charts Japanimation fantasy of those kinds of missions.

PZ

I just watched a good part of the long video below which appears to touch many highlights of the game. It appears to have used Origin map style and game physics as a starting point and then expanded on them, adding the RPG element like you see in the Fallout games.

The video is an hour long so it will not be of interest to anyone but the series fans, however, even skipping around gives on a sense of how the game will play.

I think I'll like the game very much if the video is correct - the fighting and general aspects of the game are similar to Origins, and the dialog choices in the cut scenes will definitely allow for much replay value.

Reportedly the game will release October 5 2018

LowPolyOWG

The next game will then release in 2020, or 2021, if UBI*bleep* decides to pump resources into the next gen consoles instead.

PZ

Could be - I hope they do not go back to the every year release just to maximize profits. Because this new game appears to rely much on the mechanics of Origins, I have hopes that the game will be a good one, and if it even just equals the experience in Origins, I'll be a happy gamer. As much as I like Far Cry 5, to me, Origins is a far superior game.

LowPolyOWG

The annualization led to the complete trianwreck known as Assassin's Creed Unity. Even Far Cry 4 was a victim of annualization, it's a literal copy-paste of 3... Fun, but not so memorable as Far Cry 3. It was a cross-gen title and UBI*bleep**bleep* probably wanted to have as many games possible on the current gen consoles, back in 2014

PZ

Odyssey might be the same, but if it is, I'll still be happy

LowPolyOWG

PZ

I hope UBI*bleep* doesn't ruin the experience, but I am still looking forward to the game. If it turns out bad, I'll just return to the older games which are still great.

Tags:
🡱 🡳