Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Started by LowPolyOWG, June 01, 2018, 09:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

As mentioned in the article, and the comments, was it a design decision to make the game grindy with the goal of selling an extra item that makes it less grindy, thus being greedy, or was it a design flaw that they are trying to fix with an extra item for sale?

I wouldn't be surprised if they designed it that way, disappointed, but not surprised.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

I couldn't load the site due to my cookies & java script settings. Out of curiosity, I checked their cookies and tracking technology.. maybe you want to take a look, too. :o

https://www.voxmedia.com/pages/cookie-policy#cookies-and-tracking-technologies-used-on-vox-media-sites

LowPolyOWG

:o

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on October 04, 2018, 08:02:43 AM
As mentioned in the article, and the comments, was it a design decision to make the game grindy with the goal of selling an extra item that makes it less grindy, thus being greedy...

I wouldn't be surprised if they designed it that way, disappointed, but not surprised.

Correct. :) Anyway, it's the same story with GTA Online, but that's a online game. If UBI*bleep* really wants this in a SP game, make it an online MMO instead ::)

Art Blade

UBI*bleep* doesn't disappoint me at all. They're still on the same train that I jumped off long ago :evil2:

LowPolyOWG

fragger

Same, Art. I have no desire to get back on that rattly old train either. If Ubislop is going to offer players one of two choices - grind or pay - then I'll take the third choice - play something else :gnehe:

Art Blade

PZ

Well, I'm one of the dumb guys that is going to get the game to see how it goes. I love the AC series, and Origins was the best yet. If Odyssey is similar then I'll be happy.  :bigsmile:

Art Blade

I watched some gameplay on YT. And they did the same thing that already put me off with Origins: No one speaks English without some strange, foreign accent. Yes, I get it, they're not English. But hey, back in the day when that story took place, the modern English they're now speaking with an accent didn't even exist. So why does UBIshit have to keep convincing us that those people are some kind of foreigners, at least to the English-speaking audience? And why do those people talk to each other in English, with that stupid accent?  :banghead:

It's not as if they could be mistaken, they really don't wear bowler hats and umbrellas  ::)

PZ

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on October 09, 2018, 03:50:40 PMOrigins was the best yet. If Odyssey is similar then I'll be happy.  :bigsmile:

There is something that I know you don't like: sea battles. Brace for impact, there's a lot of travelling by ship and guess what..

Art Blade

then again, the story is extremely extensive. Cutscenes worth about 8 hours.. and as far as I can tell, almost no magic. Also, they actually seem to have managed to create a game without drug-induced dream sequences nor are there any super monsters or boss fights. At least I haven't seen any yet. Just a little fighting off some impressive but vincible opponents and a little bit of artefacts magic, like "the blood of heroes flows through your veins" kind of thing and then mentally diving into some ancient scenes, like shared memories, so that was a tad unrealistic but still bearable. However, as extensive as it might be, similarly extensive are your travels by ship and of course it's never going to be a peaceful ocean cruise. If you can get your head around sea battles, then you should be in for a treat, I guess. :)

Art Blade

oh and there will be poisoned weapons for you to use. :gnehe:

Art Blade

Well, there have been two three mythical bosses to fight so far. But overall, they really cut down on the *bleep* of previous AC games.

Tags:
🡱 🡳