MIAMI VICE (1984 TV series) collector's edition on DVD

Started by Art Blade, June 02, 2017, 09:03:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Generally speaking, I didn't like the 1980s much, most of the stuff from that era was horrible. But Miami Vice came out and everyone was at home in time to watch that series. We'd discuss it the next day and everyone was really digging into it, including myself.

I still got the original 12" maxi single with Miami Vice's theme song by Jan Hammer  O0

During the past 20 years or so, I kept suddenly remembering that series and tried to buy it on DVD. Either it wasn't (yet) available or when it was, the price was horrendous, so I never got around to buying it.

The other day it was time again to remember and check my local store. Unbelievable, the price had dropped so much it was a bargain and I bought the whole series in a collector's box, 81 (eighty-one) hours of filmed entertainment. For €34.

YAAAAAY  :D O0

Yesterday I started to watch, eight episodes in one go  :laughsm:

mandru

The glut of police/detective and crime driven TV programming that aired through the 70's and into the early 80's utterly burned me out.  To this day I can't bear to watch 3 minutes of any of that genre anymore except for Blade Runner for which I will make an exception.  ;)

I never watched Miami Vice but somewhere in the late 90's I bought a CD that was a compilation of TV and Movie related themes and songs.  That was where I  ran into (one of the show's major music producers) Jan Hammer's piece "Crockett's Theme" which I found quite pleasing.

I'd put it right up there with the extended version of The X-Files theme song.  :)  :thumbsup:
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

that tune certainly is one of a kind. Although it's got some typical elements of the 1980s in it, it still doesn't strike me as "one of those" out of many, it has always been special and now, watching that old series, when I hear the opening song Crocket's Theme, I'm still not sick and tired of it. And to (still) have the original vinyl which I bought myself back in the day when it was just released, is kinda cool :gnehe:

And man, Streets of San Francisco.. that was cool, wasn't it.. Karl Malden.. ;)

Dweller_Benthos

Watched it religiously back in the day when it was new, Friday nights, I think. Maybe Thursday. Anyway, caught them all again a few years ago on one of the channels that airs old repeat shows and it brought back those old memories. It has aged but not as badly as some of it's contemporaries.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

BinnZ

Maybe something for me to catch up on. No I didn't have a TV back then. Nor have I ever felt the need to discover what that 'Miami Vice' stuff was about. I hate everything that is a little more serious than the A Team when it's a series and handles about cops, but maybe this is something I would really enjoy. I enjoyed GTA Vice City, so yeah, something to check out deffo :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳