dramatic beer shortages caused by climate change

Started by Art Blade, October 15, 2018, 12:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BinnZ

Haha, I saw that article in the afternoon and started reading that... then I thought "what the hell, there's going to be a shortage on anything as a result of climate change, so why not write an article about a shortage on Muesli in the morning?" :gnehe:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

PZ

"Bier... you have bier?" ... or something similar said by the guards at the outpost at the beginning of FC2.

Art Blade

"Bier?" Really? I never noticed ???

While it could have been "beer," too. Sounds similar.

And I didn't notice them saying "beer," either. :gnehe:

PZ

Yeah, it was the cut scene where the driver is taking you to town and is stopped at the crossing. In order to keep the guards from giving them trouble, the driver promises to bring them back some beer.  :gnehe:

fragger

I remember that exchange in the FC2 intro sequence :gnehe:

Geez, a beer shortage in this country would be considered worse than a natural disaster :o Droughts, cyclones, wildfires - those we can handle. But no beer? Too horrible to contemplate...

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on October 16, 2018, 04:59:21 AMthe driver promises to bring them back some beer.  :gnehe:

Now I remember :)

And fragger, funny as it may be, the beer article states that Australia would be affected less than the rest, :D

In Australia, just 7% fewer cold ones would be downed, partly because it is one of few places where climate change may make barley growing easier in some regions.

fragger

Art Blade

Expect a population explosion when the time comes. All beer-lovers from all over the world to invade Oz! :gnehe:

fragger

No! Not my Coopers! Hands off! It's mine, d'you hear? MINE! :gnehe:

Actually, I don't think I need to worry too much on that score. The invaders will probably all go for Foster's because thanks to overseas advertising and promotion, they seem to think it's like some kind of favourite national drink over here. Well, it ain't. I don't know one single Aussie who likes Foster's. It's a yucky beer and we'd rather drink koala sweat.

PZ

Art Blade

Yuck :anigrin: It's true, you can buy Foster's even over here. Coopers, not sure about that, likely not.

When the time comes, I might come over and go straight for a Coopers, then :gnehe:

Tags:
🡱 🡳