FC2 modding is still alive and well

Started by PZ, February 17, 2017, 08:01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Hans and his group is doing an excellent job re-doing FC2.  His most recent mod is likely to generate revived interest in the game

https://www.openworldgames.org/owg/forums/index.php?topic=3981.msg83697#msg83697

LowPolyOWG

Well, I haven't fired the game up for some time. Nice to see the modding community haven't abandoned it :)
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

Yes, I'm going to watch the development of this one because it will yet again transform the game.  O0

Art Blade

Diablo_Lobo

Yeah, I followed the links at the old site, to those mods. And am a little bit interested, but I will need to check it out a little more, because he seems to be taking it to more of the "run and gun" type of game. I have always been more interested in the "stealth" apects of any of the games that I play. I guess because that is my real life experience (Army).

I did see where he said he was able to start modding the DLC, and I believe that when I was last here, I was having difficulty with one of the requested mods for the "stealth" side of the game, the truly silent cross-bow vs. the exploding cross-bow, because it was part of the DLC.

But maybe the mods, can take the 2 different approaches, R&G and stealth. Then people/ fans of both types can get an upgraged game.

Diablo_Lobo

PZ

I like both, but mist admit that I prefer the stealth approach most of the time.  Mainly because I tend to live longer in the game when I sneak around  :gnehe:

Diablo_Lobo

Quote from: PZ on May 04, 2017, 09:17:05 PM
I like both, but mist admit that I prefer the stealth approach most of the time.

Good, then you would be interested in the Stealth mod too.

Quote from: PZ on May 04, 2017, 09:17:05 PMMainly because I tend to live longer in the game when I sneak around  :gnehe:

Yeah, that was the way I looked @ it IRL too.  :anigrin:

Art Blade

:)

Although I don't play FC2 any more, I too have preferred the stealth approach over any other approach except one: keep a LONG distance between me and the enemy and snipe them from afar :anigrin:

PZ

While I still fire up FC2 from time to time, I mentioned in your poll that I cannot compile mods any longer - not sure if it was related to the patch or something else, but it seems like I am locked into the current mods I have installed.  :undecided-new:

Art Blade

your mod was the last one I used, PZ, and I liked it. :) With the silenced AS50.

PZ

Thanks AB  :) It is not too realistic, I mean, a .50 cal with a silencer? Really?  :gnehe:  However, it was payback for all the times I played all those years ago when even the dart rifle would sometimes cause the entire area to zero in on me like flies on stink.

This was one time that I felt not revenge, but retribution  :gnehe:

Art Blade

It was as good to me as it was to you :anigrin:

PZ

LowPolyOWG

You can buy a suppressor for a .50 cal sniper for real (Barrett sells one for the M107).
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

Yeah, I can believe a flash suppressor, but not a silencer. I've had the privilege of firing a .50 cal sniper weapon, and you can feel the ground shaking around you for about a 10+ foot radius - you can feel the air shock wave of the blast standing 10 feet away behind the weapon (I can only imagine how violent it is in front of the weapon).  I cannot imagine anything being able to silence something like that.  :gnehe:

The violence of that weapon is truly astounding

Tags:
🡱 🡳