When political correctness wasn't yet an issue..

Started by Art Blade, October 15, 2018, 03:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I love the humour of Zucker, Abrahams and Zucker (ZAZ). They REALLY went over the top. And under as well. :anigrin:

Art Blade

interesting.. did you know it was based on a 1957 film?

Dweller_Benthos

haha, that is funny, the original looks like such a serious film, and Airplane is so wacky!
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

fragger

:anigrin: I love that ridiculous kind of humour, such as in that movie, the Naked Gun series and Hot Shots (a Top Gun send-up). Another couple of funny ones are Fatal Instinct and Loaded Weapon (guess which movies those two send up? :gnehe:)

For some reason, "Airplane!" was released as "Flying High" in Australia. Dunno why.

Art Blade

Here it was even worse. We called it, no, make that they (not me) called it "Die unglaubliche Reise in einem verrückten Flugzeug" which translates to "the unbelievable journey in a crazy aeroplane" :banghead:

And since it was a dubbed version, the play on words never made sense in the translation or was simply lost in translation. Which, including the title, made it a horrible film.

I'll really have to get it now that usually even old films come with the original audio version. And very cheap, too :anigrin:

And yes, I love the ZAZ humour O0 You can almost tell, if a movie is so completely over the top, they were the ones who made it happen :anigrin:

Tags:
🡱 🡳