Cyberpunk 2077

Started by Dweller_Benthos, November 07, 2018, 08:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

I've been looking at this game recently, at least since the reveal video below (warning, nudity and language) and it looks interesting. It seems they are really working toward having a fluid open world where you can literally do what you want, but any of those actions could and probably will affect how the game plays out. Of course, since it's native first person, that's a plus for me, as it will be designed with that in mind. Then there's walls you can shoot through, destructible objects (at least partially), vehicles, and the main feature, being able to upgrade your body with better tech to become more capable. I guess this is the same developer that did the Witcher 3, and I've heard good things about that game, but passed on it because of the third person stumbling block.

One to keep an eye on.

"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Yeah, people gave it some critism for not being a 3rd person game, but CDPR don't want to develop 3rd person games only. It will supposedly have RPG elements. It's also developed for next gen consoles and maybe you need to get Win 10, in case CDPR says you need DX12 to run this. Unfortunately, CDPR have had problems with the game, they rebooted it constantly. The company have a reputation of crunching the developers to death. I have heard somewhere that half the studio quit after TW3 shipped. It will also be a next gen console launch title and if they execute it right, it could be the closest to a next gen 1st person GTA like experience :)
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

I am pretty sure quite some time ago we came across this already and back then it was most likely just an announcement rather than anything. But I do recall this title and that it was interesting. Looks really cool in a way that I'd say, "it's different, not necessarily my cup of tea, but I could definitely get used to it." I mean, everything they showed in that clip was impressive. Any idea when it will be released?

LowPolyOWG

Probably Fall 2020/early 2021. If they decide to launch on/near the same date as TW3, maybe April-May 2021. I have probably got some new hardware by that time  :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah it's a ways off, so hardware and software upgrades will probably have been done by then. I keep thinking I should upgrade to windows 10 but really don't want the hassle of all that.
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Just backup everything on an external drive. Get yourself Win 10 on an USB. Go into BIOS (allow for USB disk boot), boot up PC and start the installation  :anigrin:

Art Blade

thanks for the info. Pity. I'd have liked to get the game this year.

LowPolyOWG

Well, they only released TW3 for current gen, despite some employees suggesting a last gen (PS3/Xbox 360 release) just to maximize profits. Looking at GTA Online, doing so would led to players being divided. "No, we can't squeeze the 512 MBs of RAM any further. No DLCs for your game. We will contine to release free content on the Xbox One/PS4 and PC whatsoever"

LowPolyOWG

Late 2019 release date

So, double-dip a la R*? Xbox One/PS4/PC and PS5/Xbox Scarlett later then...

Dweller_Benthos

Interesting, but I can see the dilemma they face, do they release when they can, on the platforms that are available at that time, or wait for the next platform to release first. It may not be intentional to get the double dip, but just an accident of release dates and availability.
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Availability is something I can agree on. Developers have dev kits available, but that doesn't mean equal hardware for consumers.

Art Blade

if I had to choose, I'd take the devs! Screw the hardware lol

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Fingers crossed it doesn't end up like FO76!
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳