Cyberpunk 2077

Started by Dweller_Benthos, November 07, 2018, 08:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Nice - detail is excellent!

Art Blade

One reason why I love this game.. details. You wouldn't believe the details in this game until you saw them with your own eyes O0

Art Blade

finally got rid of those stupid face masks when I found a cool pair of goggles :anigrin:

my (current) character
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

And then I bought my first car. Got 2 for free and 2 bikes for free. My first purchase was the fast bike you already saw. Now I've bought a 4WD all-terrain 200mph monster because.. I can. :gnehe: I wanted something fast and capable of driving through rough terrain. This car isn't cheap at about 110k but I already bought the stuff I wanted and had a few coins to spare.

my new car. GTAV, eat your heart out. :evil2:

look for "10:27" which is the actual in-game time. That clock works ???

Dweller_Benthos

Sweet rides! I've been watching some live streams of the game, and it does seem interesting, still the whole feel of the game's setting has left me cold. I just can't seem to get really into it, maybe if I actually play it that will be different hopefully.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

it's just one ride ;)

I think that if you said that you really got into The Outer Worlds, Red Dead Redemption 2, FallOut 76, No Man's Sky and Grand Theft Auto V, then, similarly, you would really get into Cyberpunk 2077 as well.

Art Blade

always and everywhere there are true reflections.. see the window in the background. :thumbsup:

come here :gnehe:

PZ

The detail is amazing - I would like to explore just for the sake of exploration to see everything.

Art Blade

well, maybe take a year off and do it. :gnehe:

The world is so layered.. from under ground to the top of sky scrapers. And you can climb everything if you can find a suitable path and if you can jump high/far enough. And perhaps if you can survive a huge drop if you slip. :gnehe:

I explore a lot during missions because it may be an otherwise secluded/locked area and I don't want to miss out on valuable collectibles. Today I must have spent several hours exploring and looking into every corner during one mission on one compound only. It was a large construction site and then a huge warehouse along with surrounding buildings and areas. It was so great :)

Also when I have to get around, I keep looking around if possible but eventually I want to shoot stuff so I quit exploring and start messing up bad guys or do some missions. It is just a fantastic open world O0.

PZ

Sounds like a great gaming experience. I'll probably take the plunge one of these days  :thumbsup:

Art Blade

I just played one main mission which ended in a boss fight. By the time I started that mission I had enough and various means to defeat him but it was no walk in the park. I know that you detest boss fights (so do I) but this one was OK within the narrative. Just one guy stuffed with implants and loaded with cyber stuff plus he had quite a melee attack and he moved insanely fast (zipping around) which made it hard to stay on track. The good thing is that he didn't harm me much and the bad thing is that it took quite some time to finish him off.

Also worth mentioning: you've got unlimited save games. In case it was too hard you would just reload from before that mission and do what you want because you're not forced to play it at a certain time. Just prepare (for instance, his only weak spot was poison so you could just get really good gear that's poisonous and start the mission again) and perhaps level up and all that before taking him on.

One side mission that you can skip or simply bust involved racing: 3 qualifying races (each a small mission) and one final. You do have the option to decline the mission or to simply fail during the mission. It is not a mandatory thing which you'll be glad to know. I enjoyed it, though.

Dweller_Benthos

I watched a live stream of one of the endings last night, rest in a spoiler though I don't give specific details, just how it's handled. I think it involved the boss you were talking about, Art. Seems to be the same character anyway.

Spoiler
I guess there are three or four "endings" you can choose from and they also have a couple variations depending on if you have a male or female character. But the general feeling from the person playing and the people in chat who have played is that all the endings are a bit unsatisfying, let's just say that. One specific one might be "OK" and one is secret that may require a completely new game or for you to make specific choices along the way that you wouldn't normally know about from the start. Plus, after the ending, you have the choice to load the last save before starting the end mission or going to the main menu which I presume just lets you load the last save as well, essentially the whole ending, no matter which one you pick, doesn't matter unless you never the play the game after that.

I already feel a Red Dead 2 thing coming on where I hate the ending so I won't bother playing the game.
D_B

Art Blade

OK, I read the spoiler.

Regarding my boss fight, I'm too far from any ending yet so it is unlikely that it's the same guy ALBEIT it's not impossible: I had a choice to spare that guy or to kill him. My quest-giver asked me to show mercy (as in not to kill that guy) but I thought it better to blow off that guy's head because otherwise he might come after me again. So maybe indeed I prevented that from happening. ;)

Dweller_Benthos

Guy's name was Smasher, I think? I looked at the VOD of the stream and that seemed to be it, maybe Atom Smasher? Couldn't quite tell. Big hulk that was more machine than human. So if you've killed him already and you take that ending path, and the situation is the same, I wonder what would happen? Because let's say he's pretty important to that ending and how it turns out.
D_B

Art Blade

the guy I defeated was a different one. It was "just" a Japanese guy called Oda and my quest-giver called Takemura.

PZ

BOSSES!  :o

Might be okay if the boss is not too outrageous. My favorite game AC Origins (the only game I played through more times is FC2) has a snake boss which was annoying, but do-able.  There are what I would call mini-bosses which looked like regular characters but way stronger and faster. I did not like those too much but at least they fit into the environment and also do-able for the casual gamer.

An option in Origins for boss challenge lovers is to go to the boss icon on the map where you can boss fight to your heart's content, but are entirely optional. I wish all games were like that so that the player had the option to bypass them so people like me could simply avoid them.

The main problem I have with games containing bosses and races are those that REQUIRE the boss fights to advance in the game.  :banghead:

I like the idea of multiple saves so you can return to an earlier time.

I'll be interested to see how it turns out for you  :thumbsup:

Tags:
🡱 🡳