Cyberpunk 2077

Started by Dweller_Benthos, November 07, 2018, 08:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

among all the things that I love about this game is the lighting, the new real time ray tracing modern graphics cards can handle. Here is a moment captured in game with additional depth of view effect and the same moment used for another thumbnail type of pic that I created out of it. You need to know that "V" is the name of the player character. Takemura is one of the main story characters and even though these two are essentially enemies, they develop some kind of friendship.

I chose the "Takemura and V" as my steam profile artwork on display and deleted the previous pics on steam.

Spoiler
CP2077 Takemura
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

CP2077 Takemura and V

And I used it to replace the original thumbnail on this short vid and also changed the title accordingly.
Spoiler

Dweller_Benthos

Pretty nice, simple, clean and gets the point across. But really if you are going to use it for a youtube thumbnail, you need some arrows, exclamation points and cartoon faces all googly eyed! haha
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

PZ

I really like the upgraded technology allowing beautiful lighting effects. Not nearly as nice as what you post, my console does a good job with colors and lighting using my new tiny (15-inch) HDR monitor. The color and light effects are not seen in the videos I post, but are fantastic on screen.

Gaming tech sure has come a long way  :thumbsup:

Art Blade

yes, indeed :)

And yet, there's still so much to be done. I mean, you look at convincing graphics, play immersive games, and what interface do we use? Mouse and keyboard. Or a controller. Mouse and keyboard are office tools. A controller is good for remote-controlled toy vehicles or a drone. It will take a long while still until we get something that allows us to dive in, like in the film Avatar with Sigourney Weaver. :bigsmile:

PZ

Truly. The human/device interface is definitely the limiting point and hasn't really changed since the beginning of technology

LowPolyOWG

Funny how GTA SA, a 17 year old game have a more immersive world than Cyberpunk  :laughsm:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-05-28-cyberpunk-2077-gets-a-new-game-director

Also, new game director to salvage the game.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

Wow some negative press for Cyberpunk  ???

Most of the gamers I know that play it seem to really like it.

LowPolyOWG

Gameplaywise, it's fun, but the world leaves a lot to be desired. They said they wanted to pull of RDR2 levels of detail, but that never happened
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

That's too bad - I enjoyed the RDR2 world appearance.

I do like how the cops do not chase you in vehicles even though that is ridiculous in a real world sense. However, I disliked how the cops in GTA were like mind readers seemingly reading your mind for the next moves  :gnehe:

Games do not need to be ultra-realistic for me to enjoy them.

Art Blade

I still like the game. I've racked up over 1,000 hours of gaming time so far :bigsmile:

by the way, they referenced Death Stranding :) Here's my first character with whom I'm currently playing again (from an old save of the first playthrough) and the pic was both edited (to add the data description) and "staged" using the in-game photo mode.

PZ

It's nice to find a game you really like  :thumbsup:

This is kind of funny - at first I thought the yellow thing in the image was a bed pan  :laughsm:

Man, I need new glasses

Art Blade

:)
it's the thing the main character of Death Stranding keeps carrying around all the time. A live embryo in a can, kind of.

PZ

Yeah, when I moved closer to the screen I saw that it looked like a fetus  :gnehe:

Art Blade

you know, clicking on the pic until it reaches its original full size might help as well  :gnehe:

Tags:
🡱 🡳