Cyberpunk 2077

Started by Dweller_Benthos, November 07, 2018, 08:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

sigh.. if they're going to add any micro-transactions to the single-player mode, I'll consider not to get it. Definitely not going to pre-purchase it.

Dweller_Benthos

I'm on the fence about this one anyway, the feel of the game just doesn't sit right with me, not sure why.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

BinnZ

I have the feeling this game is over-rated from the start. It has already massive expectations and I see a lot of stuff that I don't like about it. Like the rpg type of gameplay and the 'super-cool-uber-soldier-approach'. Plus, it focusses so much on visual appearance, gotta see how that works out.
I will definitely wait until some of you enjoy it and talk me into it ;)
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

fragger

Oh no, not the "micro" word again :banghead:

I'm with you guys, I think this will be a "wait for the reviews" affair.

LowPolyOWG

If they pull a Witcher 3, it's shouldn't be bad. Massive DLCs that offer great value for the price and some extras. Even a developer said "monetization =/= microtransactions". Apparently, the player's vehicle wasn't supposed to be customizable and now, they are working on that. Also, they have contracted another studio for the multiplayer, but again, we do not know anything about that. CDPR themself don't even know what the multiplayer should be.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

I might get lucky on all that as I absolutely don't intend on playing multiplayer and I think they're not going to try to pull off any micro-transactions for singleplayer.

As far as I can tell all the micro-transactions in other games are multiplayer only and serve the players' urge to either brag with "cool" cosmetics or the urge to brag and "pwn" with better spec gear. None of which makes sense in singleplayer. If they're pushing out DLC we'll have to wait and see what that is about. In Witcher 3, those "DLC" were actually game expansions that truly enhanced the whole game by adding new stories and even expanded the map. That was definitely worth the money, I got both of those expansions.

But I am not so much intrigued by the story but the sheer scope and craziness of the graphics and map designs. I want to see that and explore that. And I am very much a fan of the RPG genre and its typical related character-building system.

All in all, I might get it on release, for just those reasons.

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

better delayed and polished than released early as a w0#k in progress.

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

well.. that's the industry. Hehe, newbies coming in and leaving because it is too hard and ex Rockstar employees say it wasn't even crunch :anigrin: That shows just how hard it is to w0#k in the gaming industry.

fragger

It's been a while since anyone commented on this game, but I checked out this recent demo, and all the hype over it seems pretty misplaced to me. I don't think it's any great shakes appearance-wise - it's certainly not terrible, but it seems kind of gaudy and boxy or something. And as far as gameplay goes, if this demo is anything to go by, that actually seems pretty dull and drawn-out. The voice acting sounds rather uninspiring too.

I think BinnZ might be right, it seems like yet another example of an overly-hyped game not living up to expectations. I could be wrong though.

See what you think.

LowPolyOWG

Well, they announced recently that the wall running mechanic got cut from the game. They also extended their overtime err crunch period further.

Dweller_Benthos

So, combine Watch Dogs and GTAV and set it in the future? Not that that's a bad thing, and I'll expect the graphics to be improved, as it says right at the top, not the final look of the game. Still doesn't really grab my interest too much, I'll wait and see how it turns out on release.

Wasn't the initial release date for late summer this year? Or fall? That won't happen. Spring next year maybe, if they want something that's not a buggy mess.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

fragger

Yep, I was kind of expecting more graphically, considering all the hype. I mean, what's there is certainly not bad, but it's hardly revolutionary - it' looks positively Deus Exish as it stands (and sounds :gnehe:) Maybe it'll be more polished closer to release time.

Tags:
🡱 🡳