Cyberpunk 2077

Started by Dweller_Benthos, November 07, 2018, 08:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

fair enough, and indeed the main thing is that you're happy with both what and how you're playing :bigsmile:

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: Art Blade on December 15, 2020, 07:29:35 AM
meanwhile, a screenie of my character with one massive sniper rifle. :anigrin:

How much damage can you pull off with that? :anigrin:

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

that's level-dependant but for now, it's enough to shoot a guy's head off, like, it is just gone. Vaporised :)

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

that's like from a slapstick movie ??? Also the sound.. laughable.

When I fire mine, it's like a battleship fires it's biggest cannon. The sound keeps rolling and fades away slowly. :anigrin:

Art Blade

by the way, I can snipe a guy from my position on the street in front of a house if they are two storeys up and in the back of the house. Yes, piercing walls and ceilings. That's supreme fire power. :anigrin:

PZ

That alone tempts me to try the game once I feel confident they have a handle on the console version.

Art Blade

:anigrin: It works with powerful handguns, too. Mark a target when you see it, ping it to make any associates visible, mark them as well, and then follow their red silhouettes until you're ready to take a shot. Pick them one by one. :bigsmile:

PZ

Cool - your comment reminds me that one of my operatives in WD (one I have not played yet) has a silenced P9 - looks kind of familiar  :evil2:

Art Blade

the good old 6P9 :anigrin:

In CP, silencers lower the damage but stealth and suitable perks up the damage again. In the end it means that if you're really stealthy, you'll get a reward for it in the form of massive damage output while if you lose your stealth, the same gun is almost worthless compared to non-silenced weapons of the same type and level. However, you can also build a berserk type of skills, and even combine stealth and "cold blood" as they call the berserk mode. I use that combo to go in stealthily for better damage and also more rewarding fun but if I'm made, I change to guns blazing and wipe them out as fast as possible to keep the berserk up. Rally cool what you can do here. O0

LowPolyOWG

And Sony delisted Cyberpunk from their store. Wonder why this never happened with Bethetic/Unicronic Arts when they released Failout 76/Anthem back in 2018/2019 ???

Still, kinda sad for console players and CDPR.

Dweller_Benthos

I think the term the kids are using these days is "big ouf" ?

As for the other two games, they weren't quite as bad as I understand CP77 is, sure they had issues, but in general were "playable", where CP77 isn't really.

Let's hope this is a wake up call (it won't be) to other AAA game devs that delivering a product that just doesn't w0#k is going to go badly for them.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

no bugs for me, running smoothly.. I played once more with the graphics setup and what can I say.. my PC runs this game smoothly at the absolute max the game has to offer, including all RTX settings. The key is my monitor which is a native 1080. So my RTX2080TI runs like crazy on "low spec" screen res monitors like my native 1080p60  :gnehe:

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, Art, what I've seen other people having issues are all on older hardware, last gen consoles or less than a 20XX video card, hence why I'm waiting, my 1080ti might be able to handle it with some settings turned down, but then you're missing some of the game's best visuals.

Having said that, I started pricing new systems, going to go all out this time with a completely new system I think, and it's going to run at least $3K.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Some people are reporting about 8+ MB save files breaking the game. CDPR advice people to not collect too much stuff and be careful modding the game. Bugthesda games had the same issue with Skyrim/FO3 on PS3. I guess, people decided to mod/cheat the game causing all sorts of unintended behaviour and blame it on CDPR ::)

Tags:
🡱 🡳