Hitman 2 (2018)

Started by Art Blade, November 11, 2018, 02:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

yep.. I wouldn't be as forgiving if they were one of those AAA studios. I mean IOI, the devs, not Warner, the publisher. I believe Warner doesn't want to screw up the Hitman franchise but it doesn't hurt them to make a few bucks along the way. IOI is almost self-sustained, except they needed help with console distribution of physical copies. The history of IOI is OK, I believe they're one of the good companies. Not too big, either. In fact, they're quite small. And I think Hitman is their love child. What I can definitely say is that the full experience I got from the gold edition and the legacy stuff for Hitman 2, it really has been the best Hitman game I've played so far. They improved so many things compared to "season 1" which I already thought was absolutely fantastic compared to anything prior to that. And now, just.. wow :) So much fun O0

LowPolyOWG

Warner know they can't piss off PC gamers/consumers after the scandal that was Arkham Knight on PC
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

That ragdoll with the double kill  :laughsm:

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah that's a pretty loud gun for no one nearby to hear it, hehe.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

well, soundproof bathrooms, in Japan, hehe :anigrin: But yes indeed, it's essentially what you don't want to carry around let alone use when playing "silent" assassin :gnehe:

Massive 882MB update today:

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-game-update-2-12/

Art Blade

Regarding that update/patch text and other descriptions, IOI show that they've got humour. They're seriously funny :anigrin: Although there are plenty of examples, I'll focus on "the briefcase." I keep calling it suitcase, for some reason.

The suitcase which you use to conceal stuff like a sniper rifle can be thrown, too, both empty and erm, loaded, and you can knock people out with it. It effectively is a melee weapon. For some reason, it seems to air-travel in slow-motion (way too slow for a thrown object) and on top, it follows a person if they turn around a corner or disappear behind a door and still knocks them out. Funny. Now here's what IOI wrote about that, prior to the current update:

Known Issues (Reported by the Community)

We are reading and tracking all feedback related to HITMAN 2. As part of these release notes, we wanted to give you an idea of just a few points that we see lots of discussion about, just so that you know that we know. You know? Looking ahead, we're already hard at w0#k on our next update, 2.12, which we aim to release in December.

* The new 'homing' ability of 47's briefcase is not strong enough and does not target multiple NPCs.

:D

And now they wrote (regarding fixing broken stuff, with regards to that briefcase)

Too Much Sugar
We've fixed an issue where Agent 47 could insert an infinite number of coins into a vending machine by concealing a coin in the briefcase. We laughed at this one, but it's still been fixed.

Briefcase
Don't worry, it's not *that* fix. Instead, we've fixed an issue that was preventing some players from accessing the Aluminium Traveler Briefcase. Check your inventories...

They actually KNEW we were afraid they'd fix that homing ability and THEY DIDN'T fix it on purpose! :thumbsup: :D :thumbsup:

LowPolyOWG

Probably because it takes away creativity and a hilarious way to do missions.

Art Blade

I think so, but there are "of course" people who find it "ridiculous" and all that. I'm just glad that IOI doesn't take it as seriously as some people. :)

For instance, MrFreeze2244, the guy I kept praising here for his skills and tutorials, he's so completely pissed at some things in the game like "trespassing" now works like I'd expect it to w0#k in real life (less harsh) as you can now run through and someone watching you running through does no longer count as "you were spotted" (ruining a silent assassin rating) and now, if you get spotted by a guard but otherwise not provoking anyone, they'll now usually tell you to follow them out to where you're no longer trespassing. Before, trespassing was more or less a death sentence. And Freeze is so pissed off because they still haven't "fixed" this nor mentioned anything about it in the current patch notes.

The "new" guy I found, Woopzilla, is the total opposite. He's obviously having fun with the game and works either around or with the quirks and still, his tutorials are actually at least en par with Freeze's. So I've kind of transitioned from Freeze to Woopzilla. Way more fun :)

Art Blade

yesterday I was too tired to post that I finally completed ALL classic challenges among which the most difficult "silent assassin, suit only" challenge, on all three difficulty settings, on all main legacy and HM2 main maps. It must have been a total of over one hundred challenges. Along the way I unlocked quite a few nice things which was the main motivation, apart from being able to say, "I did it." :anigrin:

Just to better understand how I can say "over a hundred" while the pic shows 22/22: for every map, there's one of those 22 challenges that state: complete all classic challenges for this map, and that may have been like 20 or more, no idea, it varies. I might count that stuff and report back.

Reporting back: 252 total.

Oh yes. I did it. :gnehe:
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

WOW!  ???

I admire you guys being able to complete everything in the game, especially the challenges (I looked at the challenge list in RDR2 and was entirely overwhelmed with the number of them, and what one needed to do to complete them). I have never completed  all challenges in a game, and I'd have to say that I don't even complete most games main story line. I guess I'm like a little kid, easily distracted, and easily bored.

Art Blade

those were only the classic challenges. There's tons more challenges going, and I already completed quite a few of those, too. :)

Art Blade

I didn't think it would be that much to check but the total amount of challenges that are hidden behind those "22/22" is actually 252 challenges. ??? :)

OK, so here are the details.

- 6 maps for each of the 2 games (Hitman 1 aka Legacy, and Hitman 2)
- per map, 5 classic challenges
- 3 difficulties: casual, professional and master

So 6x2 maps, 5x3 classic challenges =12x15=180 classic challenges

And there are 6 "progress" classic challenges (explained at the end)
So 2x(6x3=18)=36 plus 12x3=36, total 2x36=72 "progress" challenges

Those 5 classic challenges are:

1) Silent Assassin
- complete <map> on <difficulty>
- only eliminate the targets
- no bodies found
- do not get spotted
- if you are detected by cameras, erase or destroy the evidence

2) Sniper Assassin
- assassinate your targets with a sniper rifle
- do not get spotted

3) Suit Only
- assassinate the targets and complete the <map> on <difficulty>
- do it all in your suit (meaning, you must not use any disguises)

4) No Evidence
- complete <map> on <difficulty> with no without any bodies found

5) Silent Assassin, Suit Only
- no bodies found
- do not get spotted
- if you are detected by cameras, erase or destroy the evidence
- do it all in your suit (meaning, you must not use any disguises)

And then there are 6 more "classic" challenges which simply comprise the above, essentially they are dependent on your progress. So completing 5 classic challenges on a certain difficulty means that you completed one of those 6 "progress" challenges. So they are essentially "auto-completed" along the way.

These are as follows:

1) The Classics 1
- complete all the classic challenges on <legacy maps> on <difficulty>
(that's 6x3=18)

2) The Classics 2
- complete all the classic challenges on <Hitman 2 maps> on <difficulty>
(that's 6x3=18)

3) The Classics
- complete all the classic challenges on <Legacy/Hitman 2 map> on <difficulty>
(that's 12x3=36)

I didn't think it was that much but hey,

I did it. :anigrin: