Hitman 2 (2018)

Started by Art Blade, November 11, 2018, 02:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Webpages usually use .svg (Scalable Vector Graphics) files to avoid pixelations like that. Unsure if YT supports that, but it does prevent blurring regardless of zoom level.

IO Interactive to create a new studio
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

thank you for the information :)

New studio?

from your link:
"IO Interactive broke from publisher Square Enix in 2017 after nine years. It had originally been acquired by the publisher along with Eidos Interactive back in 2009. The developer was able to keep Hitman after the management buyout, which allowed it to create Hitman 2. Staff cuts had to be made to keep IO afloat, but clearly things are quite different now, suggesting Hitman 2 did pretty well."
:thumbsup: :bigsmile:

LowPolyOWG

Well, Square Enix have a history of telling their games are below expectations, even if they sold millions on day 1. ::) I hope IO will enjoy develop something else, other than Hitman.

Art Blade

they did earlier, one that I know, owned and played was Kane and Lynch (the first) which was totally different from most games, I liked it but the critics and quite a few players didn't like it. At least IOI has been willing to try different approaches and developed games that weren't your average copycat mainstream games. :)

Art Blade

another fast kill and rank #429 out of 13307 :) I thought it ought to be possible to let that Mafioso croak on poisoned wine, in public :gnehe:

Art Blade

and because I can, here a funny yet still fast version. I kill the target in a morgue while wearing a fitting white requiem suit. Then I play hide and seek with the guard right next to the dead body and escape unnoticed :D

Art Blade

wow. IOI release their first seasonal content (for people like me with season pass and all that legacy stuff) and that's a lot:

The "winter $p@rts pack" with new gear and missions and even suits ??? O0

I just had to get the "Hokkaido Snow Festival" over with to unlock a suit and a melee weapon (ice pick) because it's only available for about three weeks.

Here you go, this time it's not "look how fast I am" but more like actual game play, literally as in playing a game, casually, with joy and fun. :bigsmile:

I recorded it in four parts, but they're only a few minutes each. Enjoy O0

LowPolyOWG

Dweller_Benthos

So many ways to kill someone, still like the fish though!
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Indeed - lots of choice. Perfect example of open world. My favorite is the poison syringe  :bigsmile:

I loved the scene where you stuffed the guy's head into the toilet -  sound effects were funny!  Reminds me of a scene in a movie called Runaway Train in which the warden of a prison stuffed the head of a mouthy railroad executive into a toilet. After he let him get up he said words to the effect "I don't want to hear any more *bleep* from you or I'm going to kick your *bleep* right out the door. Now wipe that piss off your face and let you find what I asked you to ...:D

Art Blade

thanks guys, and lol PZ :D

Art Blade

this one was a ****ing pain in the ****, it took forever to achieve silent assassin.

Something nice for you to watch, though. O0

The story: one guy (the doc, red silhouette) infected four people with a virus and I've got to kill those four and the doc. To avoid infection, I've got to keep my distance and therefore snipe them from the top of a radio tower.

Only Diana knows who those infected are and she drip-feeds me up to four (I guess?) details for one target until I've killed it, then the same for the other targets. And believe me, there is a ton of different details and targets randomly given to me, there is no way to guess a target without at least one hint (which would be pure luck, and it was pure luck I when I killed the first guy that it actually was the right guy) so usually I need two hints. Having played this for hours on end, I knew some targets after the second detail which sped up the process a bit.

What made this here so extremely difficult is that on top of the aforementioned, I had to kill all five targets unnoticed and without any bodies found. That means I had to hide them. From a tower with a sniper, yeah.. so I had to shoot them when they were in front of a bush or haystack so the impact propelled them into the hiding spot. And I did headshots only. The guy at the well was double bad luck, first I missed his head so he went to check out where the bullet hit, and then he wouldn't drop down into the well by himself which earned him a friendly helping shot in his butt. :gnehe: By the way, the jogger also gets sick, so there are two possible targets with that information, but only one of them is raking leaves. The one at the well. You see, even some of the details are shared by two people which often leads to prematurely killing the wrong person. Like, two people at the greenhouse take care of plants.. Careful.. ;)

The game graphics setting is essentially on ultra except shadows, so recording while a quite demanding game is running takes its toll. I changed quite a few recording options (compared to all my previous vids) and now it represents what I actually see, so if it's a little laggy, so was the gameplay. It's only because of the HUGE area I am overlooking, you may know that from your own PC.

And just by the way, when I was ranting about the "background" or "still" or "thumbnail" graphic a few posts ago.. today it dawned on me that it might have had to do with the recording setting "downscaling: fast but blurry" so I changed that to 32bit and quality. Now it should w0#k properly, the current background (silent assassin rating) is one of those YouTube fetches for you from the vid, so it now is just right with those new settings.

Well, now watch that vid, already! :D Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2rpjS7rLRE

Dweller_Benthos

I saw that bit with the guy limping, thinking, why doesn't he shoot him, he's limping? Then saw the other guy limping. I thought the missed shot by the well was intentional to get the guy closer to it so you could dump him in it. Should have kept your mouth shut on that one and no one would be the wiser.  :-X :laughsm:

Yep, I meant to do that, uh-huh. lol
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

:anigrin:

I might fool people who don't know HM but I rather tell the truth. Doesn't hurt to admit mistakes but it does hurt to get caught lying. :bigsmile:

Yep.. the information Diana gives us on those targets are essentially at first matching two or more potential targets. The third hint is more accurate but still, it might be misleading and ambiguous. Only the last hint really points out the target, she calls them on their mobile phone and you just have to check who's picking up their device. But that takes forever so with a lot of practice, you're more likely to guess the right target after two or three hints. I was really lucky with the guy at the garage, sitting down on a chair in front of a bush: I only shot him right away because he's easiest to hide, else I'd have restarted. :gnehe: Restarting causes a randomised selection of targets, the first one might be anywhere.

Art Blade

come on, guys, here is a proper Hitman video for you :)

Hitman 2 - Hawke's Bay - Lockpick only - Silent Assassin Suit Only on Master Difficulty
Propane Flask Kill, SA/SO. Nightcall, with just a lockpick, on Master Difficulty, and getting away with Silent Assassin, Suit Only. Just a challenge for myself I came up with today, this is not a tutorial. I simply wanted to play this mission in a cool way with just the stuff you can find there, I could have brought a firearm to shoot the pot for the pool key but hey, I did it the other way round and brought a key to get the firearms and a propane flask was just waiting for me :) Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NamkzMuMj8

Tags:
🡱 🡳