Hitman 2 (2018)

Started by Art Blade, November 11, 2018, 02:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

A lot of the time I'm watching these at w0#k, so I have the volume low and don't always catch everything that's going on around, but I do turn it up when it seems the audio is amusing.

Nice w0#k on the race track job, all those guards around and the guy walks out onto the roof alone, whoops! Not to mention shooting the driver of the car going at race speed.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

cheers :)

Suit Only (no disguise) essentially makes everyone a guard as everyone can see you're in the wrong place unless you're walking around in the public spaces. Which means SO is always a challenge. Then this is on the maximum difficulty (Master) which means they even react to the sound of your footsteps when you're running. Only slow crouching lets you get past those areas as long as no-one sees you. If you are crouching around in a public area and they see you, they'll comment on that like, "stop sneaking around, it makes you look suspicious." In a trespassing area or even hostile area it will escalate instantly if anyone sees you. :anigrin:

Shooting the car with a pistol, yeah, since I couldn't bring a whole arsenal I had to try and it worked. :)

The guy who walked out to the roof only did that because I tossed a duck up there on purpose. He heard the rubber duck bouncing off the wall/floor and immediately went to investigate. I did that to isolate him and at the time, knock him out. Otherwise he'd be in the room with the guy I knocked out with a coconut. Those two guys tend to be in each other's line of sight and they'll notice the body of the respective other guy when they get knocked out or killed which makes it a tad hard to knock them out when they're together. I needed to pass through their room to the roof exit which is why I had to get rid of them anyway.

The duck was a remote-controlled concussion rubber duck. Any rubber duck attracts casual attention and people will pick them up. There are explosive ducks that can either be triggered by remote or proximity and a concussion duck just knocks out anyone nearby when it sets off. Those only come with remote control. So I just waited until he was close to it and set it off which knocked out the guy, you'll see him on the floor when I climb up the pipe.

Dweller_Benthos

I meant the guy who was the target, he had bodyguards I presume, but walks out on the roof alone, haha
D_B

Art Blade

Ah... right, I created a distraction for that bodyguard: I dropped the shotgun from the guy I "found" on the roof on the ground in the room they enter before getting to the roof. The guard grabs it and takes it to the room where I had knocked out the guy with the coconut as there's a "found weapons" crate. For some reason, he wouldn't return to his boss once he did that. Usually they return. Well, since I knew he'd stay there and potentially see me, I dropped the other concussion rubber duck next to that weapons crate for a subtle remote-controlled knock-out a bit later, before I enter through the window :anigrin: Meanwhile, indeed, my target was isolated which was the idea behind the shotgun distraction. :gnehe:

Actually, I needed to knock out all of those guys because any one of them would have noticed me and/or the kill. That's what all those preparations were for: to avoid detection. :)

Dweller_Benthos

That's quite a bit of careful planning, pretty cool.
D_B

PZ

That's the best kind of open world action for me - planning to avoid detection until the objective is achieved  :thumbsup:

Art Blade

cheers, D_B :)

And yes, PZ, the game is just one massive strategic playground :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

I like watching the videos of you getting it done so smoothly, but I know the game itself would frustrate me as I don't have the patience to make all the preparations for something like that. Thief Simulator is bad enough, and that isn't so penalizing if you mess up a bit. Failing a mission and never being able to retry it would just ruin it for me.
D_B

Art Blade

thanks, you nailed another major concept of Hitman which is "planning." And that is accompanied by failing, learning from mistakes, and trying to avoid them. And that indeed means, it takes a lot of time to get a job done smoothly, especially when playing on Master difficulty. I love all of it but I know it's not everyone's cup of tea ;)

Art Blade

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on April 10, 2019, 08:35:50 AM
That's quite a bit of careful planning, pretty cool.

There's one thing I meant to say already but somehow I got sidetracked  :anigrin:

Note when I'm on the roof that I shoot that laptop first thing. That disables the satellite dish and THAT makes my target plus his bodyguard come investigate. So that was part of the planning, too. You need to know that if I hadn't done that there and then, the target would have kept on wandering about on his path across the map and that means, shooting it too early and he would have interfered with my preparations, shooting it too late and I would have had to wait for him to make it all across the map.. which led to choosing a specific starting location for the mission to fit my timings.. which again led to a perfect location and timing to shoot the race car which also takes a while to get around the race track. I would have had to wait for her had I missed and that would have screwed with my timing. Getting there later, like after killing the guy, would again have led to a much longer mission time.. lol On top, I decided to kill her first because that was a bit of risky. Failing to kill her saves a lot of time when restarting. The other way around, had I done all the other stuff first and then missed the shot on her, I would have had a stupid looking video and a long one, too. So I killed her first, leaving me "plenty" of time to do all the rest. :anigrin:

so all of that what was going on was also on a very tight schedule. :anigrin:

Art Blade

funny glitch..
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

and funny and typical IOI easter egg mission exit.. (the flamingo is just the disguise I chose, it could have been any disguise or suit) You'd see 47 surface from next to the pier and surf away on the backs of two dolphins

dolphins
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

Glitch reminds me of the rock merc in FC2, and I had one of my team mates in Wildlands the other day standing in mid-air at about 6 feet above the ground. He was still able to kill bad guys, but he himself got shot, and because he was so high above me, I could not revive him.

Art Blade

heh, that kind of thing seems to happen once in a while in quite a few games. The best one like that I had seen recently (recorded it, too) was a guard spotting me, it was inside a building, and then he almost literally went through the roof. Well, the ceiling. He flung himself through the ceiling and kept aiming at me from one floor upstairs. I could even shoot him dead through the ceiling which was another glitch. :anigrin:

Actually, you can watch it yourself, it's only the first 20 seconds at the very start of that bugs video I uploaded, showing all kinds of *bleep* that happened to me during a "patient zero" mission. And no, the second guard I shot on the spot the first one took off from is actually not the same guard. You can tell by watching a tiny white dot on the mini map homing in on me while I am busy with the guy upstairs. ;)

ah, found it (in the spoiler)

Spoiler

PZ

haha, at least you were able to kill the SOB!  :gnehe:

Art Blade

sure thing :anigrin: But the trick is only to kill the target.. stealth and all that, you know.. so that SOB screwed it up for me.

Actually, the whole vid shows how incredibly difficult it is to get that mission done full stealth. I did it once, funny enough, it was the first serious attempt, but another bug caused the game to call it a bad mission, so to speak. At first you see the achievements popping up, one of which "silent assassin" and the next screen with the detailed score shows.. none of that. As if I had screwed up badly. So I tried to get it right both mission-wise and on the score board but I never made it again, in like slightly over 50 attempts (counting the recorded videos told me that, and the vid you watched is made of 48 scenes, each representing a new attempt) which resulted in an "ah, sod it" reaction and I uploaded the vid anyway. It was clear that I had achieved a good time and a Silent Assassin rating despite the score board saying otherwise.

If to you it is worth 3.33 of your time, here you can see what a good run looks like despite the bugged score board at the end. If you watch it to the end, you'll see a "wall" with many tiles, each representing an achievement. They only pop up once and then stay there even if you repeat them. One of those popped up, meaning for the first time, and it was Silent Assassin.

Here it is.
Spoiler

Tags:
🡱 🡳