Hitman 2 (2018)

Started by Art Blade, November 11, 2018, 02:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

What is ridiculous is that I have watched countless videos of clearly copyrighted movies, etc., and they are still online.

Art Blade

Just like mine. What you saw was likely like mine: allowed to use but the ad revenue goes elsewhere: "The claimant is allowing their content to be used in your YouTube video" and "Monetized by claimant." Those claimants are free to do what they like, they can also take down a video. That would be a strike, and the end of the YouTube channel is only a few steps away.

Well, here's the new version. I temporarily unlisted the old one which I had YouTube mute the copyrighted part.

fragger

I'm glad Art brought all this up now, actually. I was thinking about uploading a FO4 vid in the not-too-distant future (after I've established a few more things) and was thinking about having the in-game radio playing, which features many original recordings, not just the few game-specific songs. In light of all this, I'd probably get hit with one of those stupid claims if I did that. Thanks, you may have helped me dodge a future bullet O0

Art Blade

I'm glad if it helped and cheers O0

nex

The woman Diana Burnwood (Jane Perry) is also Karen Bowman of GRW
She's best known for her w0#k in computer games Hitman, Wildlands, Alien: Isolation, Squadron 42 and Dreamfall Chapters.[1]
Respect is earned, not given.

Art Blade

I like her voice in Hitman. Although there are people who complain that she talks too much ??? Oh well. :)

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah it probably is more in the copyright owner's interest to allow the use and claim the money than to have the video taken down, where they get no money. The offense probably has to be outright theft before they would do that. Still annoying though.

The glitches on that mission though, nasty.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

yep.. the buggiest ET there is. It's the exact same mission as it was in the previous game, Hitman season 1, so they managed to stay code-compatible with this game and imported code from the old one. Including old bugs. It was equally horrible back then.

Those copyright things, I think you nailed it. I think you really have to publish stuff under your name that had been published before by someone else, like a music video clip perhaps. That will result in a strike against your channel. That's different from what happened to me. What I did was presumably OK under "fair use" but the companies and YouTube are greedy. As you suggested, they allow the content to stay without any negative consequences to your channel except that they will monetise your video and grab the money. It doesn't matter where the money goes, what matters to me is that they got unintended and unwanted access to my vid and "earned" the right to slap ads on.

I don't want ANY of that.

Which is why I have the vids muted or removed, they lose their rights, then.

Art Blade

OK.. after a REALLY extensive testing phase, here a video to demonstrate my new settings for OBS. 1920*1080p60, this 8-minute vid is only 350 MB small. And I think the quality is pretty acceptable. :anigrin:

Also, this is the map that used to cause OBS (with any of my old settings) to completely lag (like 1 frame per second) in the area where I finished this vid. It stays smooth now. :)

PZ

That looks really good, and I was able to watch at 1080p60 even though it started in 720. That pistol must be really strong to take out a car. I wish I had something like that in Wildlands.

Art Blade

just out of curiosity, here it starts at 1080p60.. does it still start at 720 for you?

and you more like take out the driver who then takes out the car. :gnehe:

PZ

Yeah, videos mostly start at 720p. I can always choose a higher resolution because I have the option, but mostly there is too much time spent in endless buffering cycles to make it worthwhile.

Art Blade

thank you. Are using a mobile device, and, is a 1080p60 vid like mine still good for you at 720p60? If I watch and downscale it to 720p60 using YouTube's setting, it really doesn't look as good anymore.

Art Blade

You guys really need to watch this one (not mine) and read the subtitles.

PZ

That's impressive - I wonder how many times he had to try that in order to become successful.

The videos at 720 don't look nearly as good as at 1080

Tags:
🡱 🡳