Hitman 2 (2018)

Started by Art Blade, November 11, 2018, 02:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

OK, thank you. Pity, really, that a vid won't stay crisp if you downscale it.

And yes.. hehe, the guy wrote something about that in the vid description. I said it before and will say it again: Elusive Targets (like the one who died in the vid) are one-time only events. If you get killed or kill the target, you cannot repeat the mission. You either need multiple accounts or do practice runs without actually killing the target or yourself.

Since it's a normal game map, practice runs can be done to some extent while playing "normal" missions. However, the setup for ET typically changes quite a lot regarding the AI (more guards, guards in different places and so on) and typically the accessibility of certain areas which may be completely blocked or turned into trespassing zones so you might get caught by surprise.

I am pretty sure that he killed more than just the ET as the position where he killed him can be seen at the very end of the vid when he's disguised as a priest and standing next to the coffee pot. You can see the crater on the ground where it exploded. That's where the ET is surrounded by several body guards and sometimes people who w0#k there. I think he blew up all of them :) He mentioned that he didn't get the "silent assassin" rating which is very likely due to not killing only the target. Still, amazing :)

Dweller_Benthos

That is pretty good, and creative use of the available materials, not to mention funny.

But he didn't use a fish like you did in the last video, so that's a bonus. But that poor woman, getting sick by the seawall, too bad. Dolphins as escape vehicles, brilliant!
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

cheers :) The dolphins are an Easter egg exit. You need to be holding a fish and to walk over those squares in a specific order to unlock it.

I purposely waited for her to make her sick just when that burn-face Knox (my target) shows up. He didn't get suspicious, neither his bodyguard.. it cracked me up when he commented on his munchies while she was about to throw up :anigrin: Also, I waited until he said, "I wonder what he's putting in his food," before poisoning those coconut balls again. :evil2:

I just went with the woman to watch her while he took his time in the background to croak. :gnehe:

It's better not to be close to a dead body, even if it's an "accident" (like poison is) because people might get suspicious of you and eventually identify you as someone they want dead ;) Which is why I was already on my way out instead of observing his bodyguard spazzing out there.  :gnehe:

Dweller_Benthos

Funny that she only gets sick but the target dies. More poison on the one he ate maybe?
D_B

Art Blade

different poisons.

Check it out again: before serving the woman, I used rat poison, an emetic poison that makes people want to throw up so they'd walk to the nearest "suitable" location. Normally it means a bathroom where they vomit into a toilet (typical situation to cause a "drowning accident" by pushing their head down into the bowl) but sometimes they'd just go for the nearest bin. Here, not typically available, they use a ledge to puke down into the sea. :anigrin:

After that, when the guy (Mr Knox) walks up and gets the munchies, I use "lethal poison." The effect is quite obvious I believe. :gnehe:

Dweller_Benthos

ah, OK I missed that bit of info, I was wondering why you poisoned it again.
D_B

nex

One thing on my bucket list, I'd love to wack a bad guy with a slimy wet fish  :anigrin:
Respect is earned, not given.

PZ

:D :thumbsup:

I like the various things you can beat people with. The rake trick was a funny method in this game.

Art Blade

:anigrin:

I've even got a feather duster. It's extremely silent, gives a muffled "thud" sound and you'll see feathers flying around after the hit. :gnehe:

PZ

:D

I like the detail of the actions using the unusual "weapons", like the vomiting of the woman in your last caper who was poisoned. Kind of reminds me of the vomiting in Origins.  :gnehe:

Art Blade

oh yes, I remember those vids of yours :) I too love those kind of things. Once I overdid it a little with what is needed and what can be done to kill someone: I made a target pick up a coin with an RFID chip which would trigger an explosive device once that chip came close to it. So I made her sick next, then she'd walk over to the bathroom and there was the explosive which I had planted behind the toilet. It was hilarious. :evil2:

Regarding details, the conversations between NPCs are also funny and there are really lots of them. Too many to start quoting, hehe :anigrin:

PZ

Art Blade

this was recorded with OBS at 1920*1080p60

PZ

Funny thing is that at my current data rate at this moment, the video loaded at 480p. However, I could change it to 1080p60 and it worked fine. There is either something wrong at the YT end or my end in interpreting what my Internet data rate can handle.

The video is excellent by the way - watched in full screen almost looked liked I was playing the game myself.

Art Blade

thank you :)

I'm really sorry about your internet speed :(

Tags:
🡱 🡳