Hitman 2 (2018)

Started by Art Blade, November 11, 2018, 02:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Yes it would - that alone would make the game worth getting, but there is so much more. I still need to figure out what to get since I read people complaining that you can't this or the other thing because you did not own prior games. There is enough misinformation that it is difficult to weed it all out.

Art Blade

PZ, the first thing for you to keep in mind is that the game has always been stuffing lots of content down the virtual throat of one's internet connection. Every two or three weeks an Elusive Target, once a month the updates and patches, some new challenges.. my current (complete) game takes up 111 GB.

And it requires an always online status or the game really doesn't w0#k the way you see it anywhere. In fact, the offline save games are incompatible with online save games and most of the game only works when you're online. That online stuff alone is likely a killer for you.

Then what you mentioned, people not being able to do this or that because they haven't got whatever.. well, yes. You can't play anything that you don't own. Simple as that. I've got everything and spent a lot of money on it because I love the game. And it was worth every penny ;)

Regarding weird ways of making people sick.. I'm not sure what you guys are imagining there. But I can tell you the simple mechanics of the game:

There are only TWO ways of administering poison. One is by injection as shown in the above vid when I poked that guy in the tunnel, two is by predetermined objects you may interact with if you've got any poison at hand that's not in a syringe. So you can only use stuff that gets highlighted in your "instinct" view AND there has got to be an interaction symbol for poison attached to that item. Typically water bottles, glasses or cups but also food items.

Other options are map-specific things like the one the fumigator uses, some kind of vent to blow poisonous gas into a house.

So you can't create strange or funny circumstances if the game doesn't provide the options. All you saw in the vid was the result of mostly poisoning drinks of the people getting sick. The first guy ate poisoned spaghetti. Then one injection and one fumigator-specific action: I used emetic poison to fill the house with gas which with regards to the mission doesn't make sense but at least it's possible and the result was quite funny :)

Dweller_Benthos

Ah, OK, but can you still carry the syringe at any time? I was thinking mostly of making someone sick as far as possible from a place designated as a spot that can accept the sickness, as it were. So, you inject someone at the most inconvenient time and place and "enjoy" their discomfort as they frantically search for a place to throw up.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

I'm not afraid of much, but this:  ???

Quote from: Art Blade on April 27, 2019, 10:24:07 PM
... my current (complete) game takes up 111 GB.

Art Blade

PZ, that is including the "old" game "imported" into the new game, all DLC for "old" and new available, made into one "whole" experience. I.e. I can play Hitman season 1 (or call it Hitman 1 from 2016) and all the missions, challenges, DLC and whatnot they made available for it in Hitman 2, using the new engine, and of course all the new stuff of Hitman 2 (2018) itself. Meaning, I don't know that "I can't play this or that" because I've got it all.

D_B, two factors play a role if you do what you suggest: One, the AI follows certain paths or routines so you'd have to follow them along. You may distract them and by that make them deviate but it usually comes at at a cost: you can't  do that when other NPC are watching your distraction or they'll come along OR they freak out and by that, alert your victim. Two, there must be no witnesses (including your victim) when you hit someone with a needle or they'll freak out. Freaking out means calling for help and, strangely enough, if you had applied emetic poison, the victim "forgets" that they got poisoned and feel instantly cured and freak out just the same.

Which means, you cannot easily create such a situation you're imagining unless you manage to keep your victim unaware and yourself out of sight of any witnesses when you inject someone.

Kind of "mission impossible" to create something totally different, or at least very hard to accomplish. ;)

The funniest thing in my book was to make the priest show up when the guy I stabbed with the needle decided he couldn't puke in the tunnel he had been peeing in but instead he thought he had to go to a bathroom. The priest does what the guy doesn't do: puke in the tunnel. And they kind of do it in a way that you can just watch one go while the other arrives, like a transition. It still cracks me up :anigrin:

PZ

Is there a single package one can purchase, or does one need to figure a way to purchase the individual pieces to make it w0#k? I'm thinking of a PC version rather than the console.

Art Blade

there are tons of different versions available. You want the basic edition of Hitman 2.

If you want to be able to play Hitman "1" as well (within Hitman 2) you will have to either buy Hitman Season 1 or buy the Legacy Pack as DLC for Hitman 2 which may be around $25. In case you bought Hitman Season 1 I think you can only get it into Hitman 2 by downloading that content as some sort of "legacy" DLC which will be free as in, you don't have to buy it again.

For Hitman Season 1 there's a GOTY edition as well as an upgrade DLC to transform the base game of Hitman Season 1 into the GOTY edition. So you can essentially buy that base game and later upgrade it to GOTY.

And there are DLC for both Hitman Season 1 (with or without GOTY status) and Hitman 2. They can be obtained with a season pass and some of them by just purchasing DLC. Some are exclusive, i.e. you need to meet certain criteria like owning a GOTY version or a Gold edition..

Maybe that helps you understand why some people lament that they "can't play this or that" because they're missing out on some of those requirements. They could still buy the stuff needed and upgrade their versions accordingly but Gold and Collector's Editions stay exclusive so you can't upgrade to that status. You need to decide whether to buy the Gold or Collector's Edition OR any other versions.

Steam got it all but in your case, avoiding unnecessary downloads, I think you should consider buying the "old" Hitman Season 1 when it's in the bargain box or on offer just so you get the feeling for the game.

Reason: IF you like Hitman Season 1 and consider getting Hitman 2, you'll then automatically be eligible for the porting of Hitman Season 1 into Hitman 2 and be able to play both games with the new Hitman 2 settings.

Also, if you really liked Hitman Season 1, you could upgrade it to GOTY. IF you did that AND wanted to get Hitman 2, you'd automatically be eligible for porting all that GOTY stuff.

Choices.. choices.. ;)

Art Blade

for you to browse a bit regarding what do you and what don't you want to play.
Hitman Season 1
https://store.steampowered.com/app/236870/

and DLC which include all maps but the Paris map which is default map 1, the other maps were released by drip-feeding them. Now they'll be part of the game if you buy the GOTY version for instance.
https://store.steampowered.com/dlc/236870/

Hitman 2
https://store.steampowered.com/app/863550/

GOTY Legacy Pack (if you didn't buy Hitman Season 1 but want to play it within Hitman 2)
https://store.steampowered.com/app/960831/HITMAN__GOTY_Legacy_Pack/?snr=1_5_9__405

Hitman 2 DLC
https://store.steampowered.com/dlc/863550/

Art Blade

Only few people know that it can be done and even fewer how to do it: opening a secret vault inside a vault.

Just for the heck of it, here's what it looks like and how to do it. :)
Music: (c) Art Blade 2019. Yes, I did that all by myself for this vid.
By the way: literally nobody (also no bodies) are allowed inside the house except you or the door won't open. Meaning you can neither use it as a trap nor to hide bodies in it.
Generally it works like this: empty the house ("nobody and no bodies" allowed), open the first vault, open the garage, ring the doorbell 5x.

PZ

I have one of the Hitman games (don't remember which), but I never completed it because the graphics were not good enough to keep me interested. These days, detailed graphics are as important to me as game play.

Dweller_Benthos

That's a bit intricate, that's for sure. But why shoot the light out at the end? and do you keep the battle axe as a weapon now?
D_B

Art Blade

I shot the light out because there was no switch.

Hehe, nah, just for fun: to make a point, like that's it, lights out.

Nope, can't keep that but most maps got a battle axe and/or a katana hidden somewhere. You can't find weapons like in Ground Generation Zero for the keeping. If you find them, they stay in that map and are gone when you quit. Here, you start the game with a comparatively small set of weapons (standard equipment) and the rest can be unlocked for the keeping by completing certain challenges, meaning you have to earn them. All of them are then available at the planning stage of a mission and for you to admire when looking at your arsenal in your career "stats."

My most popular vids are "how to unlock" vids for weapons such as the Striker Magnum pistol as seen in the vid above and El Matador, another pistol with the same stats but different looks. Those vids attract views all day long every day since I uploaded them. They also got the most likes of any of my videos and they brought most of my subscribers :)

PZ, I think the graphics are really nice in this game.

Art Blade

just now, a 1 GB game update and patch

Dweller_Benthos

Ah shoot the light for dramatic effect, I like it!
D_B

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳