Hitman 2 (2018)

Started by Art Blade, November 11, 2018, 02:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Here's just the "secret" part (there's no description how to get it, only "REDACTED") of a challenge and the reward for the challenge pack is a blue flamingo disguise. There were just a few challenges to be completed but it was quite time consuming.

Enjoy this very short clip :)

Art Blade

The reaction on YouTube to this video is interesting.

Right after uploading it, I noticed already 7 views. Within half an hour over 40, one like. Within 90 minutes, 60 views and 1 like vs 1 dislike. Now, two and a half hours after uploading, 94 views and 1 like vs 3 dislikes.

The attention it gets is ">999%" compared to my average videos after uploading which usually get between 2-6 views in 2.5 hours. Normally I get about 1 or 2 likes in months. My two most popular vids got 14 vs 0 and 13 vs 3 likes/dislikes, spread over months, with 740 and 1,600+ views so far.

Normally people don't watch my vids from start to end (except perhaps Dweller) but instead mostly less than a minute or up to 2 minutes. Even if the vid is short like 2.5 minutes, they still watch less than half of it.

So this time I only focussed right at the start on the one challenge that was "redacted" which means, you only get a picture "describing" what the challenge is and its name. Here, "Narcissus" and a Polaroid  of a face wearing a flamingo costume, the background is out of focus and hard to tell what or where it was. So anyone who wanted to know what it was and watched my vid will have understood that it's at a "free photography" stand and that a guy (the player) wearing a flamingo costume just needs to pick up that Polaroid (and at that, they learned the location of that one flamingo pic) Plop, achievement pops up, done.

The other challenges were: knock out a target with a didgeridoo (there's only one), toss two packs of sugar into the aquarium under the floor (there's only one room for that) and shred a target with the wood chipper (there's only one).

Since I didn't title the video "walkthrough" or "guide" but specifically named the one challenge Narcissus AND wrote in the title "read description" it should be clear that a 53 seconds video won't show you around the entire map. The title contains "unlocking the Blue Flamingo Suit" which the video indeed shows, plus what it looks like wearing it.

In the description I gave hints where to find three sugar packs although you need only two so there's even a choice, also that playing it on casual and shooting everything to get a free passage when dragging a body across the map to the wood chipper is pretty straight-forward and simple.

However, I think people are just too lazy to check out the map. Where's that photo stand? Seriously, IF you played on that map, you'll know where those stands are. There's only one location on the map, a main area, where they are.

The didgeridoo is almost next to the default starting location, you'll have seen the musician in that underground passage where I keep picking up one coin from his hat, behind him is that didgeridoo. Almost impossible not to see him let alone to ignore his instruments.

The aquarium? There's only one room with aquariums, a big one, and basically impossible to miss IF you play the map.

Sugar? Well, like most collectibles that you don't normally need, you might have come across them but couldn't tell where the heck it was, so that's why I gave three simple descriptions that will ring a bell IF you played the map.

In other words, people seem to want to unlock that suit but are not willing to play the Miami map, so they don't know the simple obvious map areas at all. Or they simply don't read the title "read description" and of course they don't read the description.

I'm actually having fun observing all that because videos I produced with a lot more time and effort are usually being ignored, only two of them that contain a full walkthrough to unlock a gun each are my most popular ones but none of those two are being watched for more than 20% of the actual video's length. Much rather people click through them. I wonder how they'll manage to achieve anything with that if they didn't know how to unlock stuff in the first place. Maybe they were just looking for a specific action or location shown in it, which is what I suspect.

Now that I'm only delivering that, they dislike it. :D

Funny, they could just have watched long vids of known uploaders like MrFreeze even with a commentary. But still I get a lot of views now. And I'm a nobody without voice but short vids. That people still don't watch start to end :anigrin:

I'm so glad that I don't have to make a living like that, producing YT content. When I check out mega channels with several million subscribers, the videos are mostly junk.

And since I don't have to, I won't produce junk. :anigrin:

By the time I finished this post, the count had reached 111 and showed an average view duration of 32 seconds. Out of 53. That's more than 50% view time. ;)

Art Blade

lol, just so you can see what I mean with "attention" the video gets.

Art Blade

150 views and counting, this is madness :D

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I always watch yours all the way through, and usually drop a like on it, if I remember, which I sometimes don't. I've rarely looked at the stats on my videos, so I really don't know how long they are viewed, or what parts. I know there's a couple FC2 diamond vids with thousands of views and quite a few comments, usually a thanks for the solution to finding the diamond. I expect a lot of the time, and this applies to me as well, people looking for a solution to something in a video game have already tried a bunch of things and are frustrated that they missed the one key element, and skipping through the video to the point they are stuck to get past that one point is usually what they do, I know it's what I do.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

thank you for the likes AND watching them through, both of it does help advertising them to other people :thumbsup: :)

By the way, I've been doing the same with your vids. :)

Art Blade

In the meantime I added quite a few details to the vid description because judging from one comment some people seem to think grabbing the pic is all you need to do and are probably totally unaware of either having to complete the other related challenges or they didn't know the meaning of Narcissus (or narcissism for that matter) or both.

I had completed everything but the Narcissus challenge. However, to me it had actually been quite clear that the key to get it right was the disguise: I saw the pic of a flamingo guy in the challenge description and its name, Narcissus, and went straight for a flamingo disguise. Although I didn't know what to do exactly, I was thinking of having a picture taken of me wearing that disguise, it was close enough to solve it: I noticed a highlighted item.. I just had to pick up that picture. A picture that already had been taken. Tsss...

I supposed I got dislikes from people who expected something else and likes from people who either enjoyed the vid as such and/or appreciated its simplicity. Too simple for some, apparently.

PZ

Thanks for all the info on the different Hitman packages AB, and the links to all the reading material.  :thumbsup:

Art Blade

my pleasure :) Also, feel free to ask anything you want to know about this game, I'll try to give you all the information you need.

PZ

Art Blade

Here some classic stealth. No knockouts, killed just the target with a fibrewire, never spotted, no evidence, no bodies found, silent assassin and suit only (no disguises). And a reasonable time 3:30. However, the game doesn't recognise the suit only bit combined with silent assassin. I can't get that SA/SO achievement no matter what I do, done it quite a few times with PC powered off in between so it definitely is bugged.

Dweller_Benthos

I just realized that you just barely got out of the room after placing the coins down before the two guys walked in, that was a close call, heh.
D_B

Art Blade

I was thinking the exact same thing after dropping the last coin and turning around :gnehe:

However, you can also see how good a distraction those coins are. The guy was still busy picking them up when I reached the drain pipe :) Like, every time a totally new surprise. "Huh? What was that? Going to check it out. A coin! Going to pick it up. Nice! .. Er, huh? What was that? Going to check it out. A coin! Going to pick it up. Yay! What the.." and so on :D

Art Blade

This time a new Elusive Target.. and an edited video that you might enjoy watching. I am very happy with the video quality, it's so goddamn crisp! :) As a side note, the original recording was 26 minutes and the file size 961 MB which is really good, considering length and quality. However, the edited version here is only 7.06 long but the file size is 766 MB. Obviously transitions and "titles" (the text overlays) are responsible for that. Still worth it ;)

I included the cinematic briefing which I usually don't.

It's not a walkthrough.

Dweller_Benthos

That one is really tricky, and the server disconnects don't help either  :banghead: but it's pretty amusing now I think of it that in a game about being an assassin you get the most points for not actually killing anyone, but just setting up a situation where they will get killed. I suppose that's the best kind of assassin, right? :D
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳